f o u r

A/N: Hey guys, sorry it's been a while. I haven't been in a good place mentally and I'm still not 100% but I decided I needed to update, I hope you enjoy:)

'Anthony what have you done to your poor sister?' Simon asked sternly.

'Why do you automatically presume I was the one in the wrong?' Anthony asked his close friend.

'Because she wanted nothing to do with the conversation as soon as you joined it' Simon laughed.

'She's mad at me' Anthony shrugged looking away from Simon's confused eyes.

'May I ask why?' Simon asked.

'No you may not' Anthony held his anger back as he was in public.

'Oh come on Anthony, the last time she was this mad was when we were little and you threw her in the lake fully clothed' Simon chuckled at the memory.

'I was with Sienna and almost missed her entrance in front of the queen' Anthony replied still not looking at his friends.

'I hardly believe she is that mad at you for that' Charles spoke, even though he didn't know Alyssa she didn't seem like one to hold a grudge over nothing. So seeing she was upset he must have done something else.

'He lied to her' Simon added looking between them.

'How?' Charles looked towards Anthony, when Anthony nodded Charles was just as confused.

'We spent a lot of time together Charles so naturally I learnt a lot more about her, and one thing she hates is...' Simon looked at Anthony for him to finish it.

'Liars' Anthony replied reluctantly.

Dropping the conversation, the three men laughed between themselves and chatted about what each of them had been upto while being apart.

'Oh it seems your sister has caught Lord Berbrookes eye Anthony' Simon chuckled.

Anthony and Charles looked over to where Simon was watching Alyssa and Lord Berbrooke talk. Well Lord Berbrooke talked and Alyssa looked completely bored.

'One of us should go save her' Simon laughed.

'I shall do no such thing, it's a surprise someone is actually talking to her. She may be married by the end of the season after all' Anthony chuckled, he had clearly drunk a lot of wine that evening to even be considering Alyssa and Lord Berbrooke.

'But Lord Berbrooke? Anthony I mean come on' Simon looked at his friend to see if he was even remotely joking. He was not.

'I will go, we didn't get to properly talk as she left when Anthony showed up' Charles laughed and set off towards Alyssa.

Simon and Anthony both watched from a distance while Charles dismissed Lord Berbrooke and took Alyssa onto the dance floor. Anthony had not seen his sister laugh or smile that wide since before their father had died. Simon hadn't seen his close friend be so bewitched by a lady, in like ever. Both Simon and Anthony had the same idea when they looked at them. They would be a great pair.

Over on the dance floor Charles and Alyssa were having a very lengthy talk about anything and everything.

'So you know my brother?' Alyssa rolled her eyes even thinking about her lying brother.

'Yes I do, Simon introduced us' Charles smiled at Alyssa.

'Simon seems to be introducing everyone, doesn't he?' Alyssa laughed.

'It should seem so' Charles laughed along with her.

'So where are you from?' Alyssa spoke first after they had both stopped laughing.

'Devon' He replied.

'Oh I love Devon' Alyssa exclaimed just as the music changed.

Charles escorted Alyssa off of the dancefloor and they were quickly greeted by the second eldest Bridgerton boy.

'Sister we are leaving' Benedict said, grabbing her hand.

'Oh, well I hope to see you soon Lord Devereux' Alyssa nodded before walking off with her brother not hearing Charles reply.

'Likewise Miss Bridgerton' He smiled as he watched her scold her brother for dragging her too fast, soon as they were both out of sight and Charles was joined by Simon.

'So what do you think of Miss Bridgerton?' Simon taunted his friend.

'Oh shut up' Charles pushed his friend and walked off towards the exit where he had just watched Alyssa leave from.

A/N- A short chapter:( Im sorry x