Nine

"What do you mean Laurent was there?!"

Eliza was furious. The boys had taken off on what was supposed to be a patrol and they ran into Laurent.

"Stupid leech almost got Bella." Jacob growled.

"I could've helped." Eliza spoke to the group.

"And let Bella know you're here? And that you're hanging out with wolves? Yeah right. Ruin our secret why don't you?" Paul scoffed as he ate a muffin that Emily had made.

Eliza glared at him but knew he was right. Bella hadn't tried to get in contact with Eliza and she knew it was a good thing. Maybe the girl was finally moving on from Edward and wanted nothing to do with the Cullens.

"We got him Liza. He's gone forever." Embry wrapped an arm around the young girl and kissed her temple.

"I knew you all could take him. Never doubted you. But I wish you all would've told me." She hugged him and went and sat at the table. Emily had served everyone lunch and they ate as a pack.

Over the next few days Jacob and Eliza have become okay in each other's presence. The pack explained to Jacob how they all became content with having a Cullen around and sometimes Jacob would ask for advice about Bella when no one was around. Both had apologized to each other and have begun getting along as if they were siblings who had only got into a small fight.

The pack was making their way over to the Black household to get Jacob and this time Eliza went along with them. They made their way to the tree line and started calling out for him. Eliza had stopped and stayed out of the line of sight of the house. She could smell Bella Swan in the house.

"What did you do?!" Eliza heard the other girl yell at the pack. Bella kept repeating herself over and over and Eliza heard the sound of skin being hit.

"Hey!" Jared's voice was heard.

"Easy." Sam called to Jared.

"He didn't want this!" She yelled again.

"What did we do? What did he do? What did he tell you?" Paul's voice was heard. Eliza could tell he was pissed about the human pushing his alpha.

Don't do anything stupid Paul. Eliza sent him a message.

"Both of you calm down." Sam spoke louder.

"Nothing. He tells me nothing because he's scared of you!" Bella shouted. This caused Paul and Jared to start laughing. Bella didn't like that so much because Eliza heard the sound of a slap.

"Oh no." She whispered to herself as she looked around the tree and saw Paul shaking uncontrollably. Sam tried to calm Paul down but obviously it wasn't working. Eliza heard growling and she took off seeing Bella run towards Jake.

Paul and Jacob were both in their wolf forms and Eliza quickly ran past the both of them and went straight to Bella. The girls could hear the growling and the whining but Eliza tried to keep Bella's focus on her.

"Are you okay?! Are you hurt?!" Eliza asked the human girl. Bella didn't answer. She had just seen her best friend turn into a giant wolf and her ex boyfriend's sister was sitting right in front of her. Bella quickly reached up and pulled her into the comforting hug she needed. She had a piece of him there with her and she wasn't about to let go anytime soon.

"Guess the wolf's out of the bag." Embry said causing Eliza to laugh. Embry and Jared made their way over to the two girls. Embry held his hand out to Eliza and she quickly took it and pulled herself and Bella off the ground.

"Let's go Bell." The four made their way to Bella's truck and made the trip to Emily's place.

Jared had drove while Bella sat down on the passenger's side and Embry and Eliza sat in the bed of the truck. Bella never let her eyes wander from Eliza, worried that she might disappear again if she did.

As soon as the truck came to a halt, both boys jumped up and yelled signaling to Emily that they were home. Embry held his hand out for Eliza and she took it with a smile and jumped out of the truck. The three began walking to the house when Bella stopped them.

"Hey, I think we should go back and make sure Jacob's okay." She suggested from inside the truck.

"I hope Paul sinks some teeth into him. Serves him right." Jared said.

"No way! Jacob's a natural. See him phase on the fly? I got 5 that says Paul doesn't touch him." Eliza laughed. Both were very strong members but Jacob had alpha blood in him. "Come on in Bella. We won't bite." Embry called out to the girl. Eliza turned and held her hand out for the Swan girl who hesitantly got out of the tuck.

"Speak for yourself." Jared spoke to Embry. Eliza reached over and smacked his arm. Jared laughed and went inside the home. Bella made her way over to Embry and Eliza and held onto Eliza's hand.

"Oh hey, about Emily, Sam's fiancé. Don't stare. It bugs Sam." Embry quickly explains to the girl.

"Why would I stare?" She asked Embry but he already went inside.

"Are you guys hungry? Like I have to ask." Eliza let go of Bella and gave her a smile before heading to Emily and grabbing a muffin off of the tray.

"Thanks Emily." Eliza hugged the girl and took her place between Jared and Embry.

"Who's this?" Emily asked as she saw Bella in her doorway.

"Bella Swan. Who else?" Jared responded.

"Watch out Jared. Sam find's out you gave Emily sass, he might have your ass." Eliza rhymed causing the group minus Bella to laugh.

"Hmm, so you're the vampire girl." Emily said with a smile.

"So you're the wolf girl?" Bella asked.

"Guess so. Well, I'm engaged to one." Jared reached for a second muffin but Emily stopped him. "Save some for your brothers! and Ladies first. Muffin?" Emily asked Bella.

"Sure thanks." Bella walked over and grabbed a muffin from the table.

"Leave it to Jacob to find a way around Sam's gag order." Emily stated.

"Umm, he didn't say anything to me." Bella tried to defend him.

"That's a wolf thing. Alpha's orders get obeyed whether we want them too or not. Oh, and check it out, we can hear each other's thoughts." Embry spoke to Bella.

"Would you shut up? These are trade secrets. Damn it! This chick runs with Vampires!" Jared raised his voice at Embry.

"You can't really run with vampires. Cause they're fast." Bella spoke hesitantly. Emily giggled and so did Eliza.

"Yeah well we're faster." Jared leaned closer to the girl. Eliza pulled him back and glared at him. "Freaked out yet?"

Bella shook her head, "You're not the first monsters I've met."

"Jake's right. You're good with weird." Sam walked into the house and made his way to his imprint.

Jake and Paul entered the Uley home and both had smiles on their faces. Paul sat down the the three pack members and turned around to Bella and apologized. Meanwhile Jared handed Embry a five dollar bill and Eliza laughed at the miserable look on Jared's face.

Bella looked at Jacob who nodded for her to follow him outside but she looked to Eliza. "I'm not going anywhere anytime soon Bella. Go." Bella nodded and left with Jacob while the rest of the pack continued eating.