Ten

A few days later, Victoria came back.

"Let's go!" Jacob yelled. He was the first one to sense her back. He had attacked her and then called for the pack and Eliza. Together they all took off in a run after her.

The men in the pack were knocking down trees while Eliza and Victoria were dodging between them. The wolves were fast and since Eliza was only half vampire she was fast too but not as fast as Victoria.

Eliza couldn't let the red headed vampire get away again. She took a deep breath and let her vampire side take over. Everything was magnified. Eliza could see all of the bugs around her and sound see every detail of everything around her.

Eliza picked up her speed as quickly as possible and soon passed the pack and was hot on Victoria's tail. The two women became out of the distance from the wolves but they could still see them. Eliza jumped up and tried to land onto the vampire in front of her. Victoria quickly sensed this after being a vampire for so long and turned around and grabbed onto the young girl before flinging her into a nearby tree and continuing to run.

Embry slowed down to check on her but she quickly told him that she was fine and to keep going. He nodded his big wolf head and continued after the rest of the pack. Eliza stood up and dusted herself off before following after them.

The pack soon split up and Jacob and Eliza were the only ones following the vampire and eventually Victoria jumped off one of the cliffs leading to the ocean. The two lowered themselves down onto a rock further down and stared out into the water.

Both the half vampire and the shifter were breathing heavily until they heard a howl in the distance. Jacob took a step back and listened to their thoughts.

Harry had a heart attack. Let's go. Eliza beard Sam's thoughts in her head.

Jacob then took off and Eliza went to follow the howls of Sam. No doubt Sam had told the elders of her but she didn't know if they would welcome her or not.

She made her way over to where the scents of her friends were and came to a house with some of them outside and some inside. Eliza still had some dirt on her clothes but when she saw Embry he ran to her and hugged her.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he pulled away from her.

"Yes Embry. I told you I'm fine." She laughed. He picked some leaves out of her hair and pulled her to the pack. The rest of the pack had red eyes like they had been crying. Eliza went over to Paul and Jared and pulled the both of them into a hug as well.

"How's he doing?" She didn't ask anyone in particular. Billy Black was there and he just nodded to her as acknowledging her presence.

"Not good." Paul replied.

"Is there anything you can do?" Jared had asked the blonde girl.

"Jared. My powers are of the mind. I couldn't heal him even if I tried. I'm sorry. I would heal him without question if I could." She placed her hand on his shoulder and pulled him into another hug.

A girl came stomping out of the small house and Eliza could feel the heat coming off of her as she stomped by. The girl stopped and turned around before making eye contact with Eliza. The blonde's eyes widened and she took a step back not wanting to be considered a threat.