Fourteen

"You all know what I want."

Bella Swan had called a meeting in the Cullen household. Eliza had to rush from hanging out with the pack to meet her family but they all could smell the scent lingering on the young Cullen girl.

"And I know how much I'm asking for. The only thing that I can think of for it to be fair is to just vote."

"You don't know what you're talking about." Edward spoke up from his spot on the stairs.

"Shut up." Bella whispered at him. The Coven smiled.

"Alice." The human girl called on the person she knew would agree with her as she had already seen Bella as one of them.

"I already consider you my sister." Alice left Jasper's side and walked towards Bella to hug her. "Yes." Alice smiled.

"Thank you."

"I vote Yes." Jasper said gritting his teeth. "It would be nice to not want to kill you all the time." Jasper tried to give her a smile. Eliza rubbed her brother's arm encouragingly.

Bella nodded also kind of feeling threatened that he wanted to kill her.

"I'm sorry." Rosalie apologized to the human. Eliza knew that Rose was going to say no to Bella becoming like them. The family knew Rosalie despised the young girl for wanting to throw away everything human about herself and just become a monster.

"I'm really sorry to both of you for how I've acted, and I'm really grateful that you were brave enough to go and save my brother." Bella looked down already knowing the answer to her question. "But this isn't a life I would have chosen for myself. And I wish that there had been someone to vote no for me. So no."

"I vote hell yeah." Emmett went up to Bella and picked her up, spinning her around. "We can pick a fight with these Volturi some other way."

Esme was next. "I already consider you apart of the family." Esme smiled at the young girl. "Yes." She nodded.

Carlisle sighed and stepped forward towards his son. "Why are you doing this to me?" Edward asked him. "You know what this means."

"You've chosen not to live without her, which leaves me no choice. I won't lose my son." Carlisle spoke softly. Edward just looked away.

Eliza was the only one left who needed to vote. Bella looked at the girl pleadingly. "Eliza?"

Eliza sighed before stepping away from Jasper and towards Bella.

"Bella. I know this is what you want. You want to be with my brother forever. If I was in that situation I would be doing the exact same thing you're doing so I guess I have no right to judge you." Bella couldn't tell if this was going to be a yes or a no yet.

"Bella, there is a lot you need to know about us, you've barely learned really anything. To be one of us you have to give up your life. Literally. You'll die Bella, and if that isn't enough, you watch everyone you've ever cared about die too. Charlie will grow old and die. So will Renee and Jacob and everyone you've ever cared about. Are you sure you're willing to give that up?"

Bella couldn't look Eliza in the eyes. She knew Eliza was telling the truth. It would be hard for her to give up everything she's ever known. But to do it for the man she loves? She would.

"I have and will always think of you as my family. But You've made your decision Bells. I'm not one to stop you. Just think about what I've said." Eliza hugged the brunette girl who hugged her back.

"Thanks El." Eliza just smiled.

"Go get some rest Bella. You need to sleep." Eliza pushed Bella's hair back and smiled. Bella nodded and followed Edward upstairs to his room.

"So, Eliza." Eliza turned around at the sound of her mother calling her name.

"Who's Seth?" Eliza's eyes widened.

oh no.

Thank you all for reading! This is the last chapter of Her Gold Eyes / New Moon but please be on the look out for Her Gold Eyes / Eclipse. I'm trying to decide whether I should update the first chapter the day I upload this one or if I should wait a week like I normally do. It's completely up to you all so please let me know what you would prefer.

Thank you all so much for your love and support on these books and I couldn't be happier for how much you all like this series. Please let me know if you want me to write about another character with another love interest because my mind is always open to suggestions.

I love you all and thank you so much again. Please be safe ! ❤️