Chapter Eight- Show Me

~*~*~
Veronica's POV

Braedey is the best man that a girl could ask for. He has been taking great care of me. He is so gentle and firm with his hands. His sister's would usually come out into the garage to help him. I believe their names are Karen and Jessie. The girls like me, and I like them. But I can't let them know who I am. Braedey is the only one who knows of my past, and I would rather keep it that way for now. I love Braedey, and I am excited to live in Jamaica with him. But then I remembered those other boys who tried to get Braedey in trouble with the law via street racing. I could tell that one of them did not want to go through with their leader's plan, but he probably obeyed him because of fear for his life. I think his name is Ren. The other two boys were named Zach and Dagger. I think Dagger is the leader of the trio, and Zach is his right-hand man. Dagger probably forced Ren to work for him under the threat of killing the latter if he refuses. I could also tell that Zach was lying when he said that he did not want to go through with Dagger's plan. Those boys had better watch their step because next time, I will make them wish that they went to jail for life.

~*~*~

Later that evening, Ren and Zach were at the police station, waiting for Dagger. They were sitting in Ren's car which was a 1969 Dodge Charger RT.

 They were sitting in Ren's car which was a 1969 Dodge Charger RT

"I wonder what his punishment is going to be. I sure hope it's something good." Ren said.

"I agree. I think some jail time will do him some good." Zach replied.

Then Dagger came outside and he was raging mad. He got hit with his license being suspended for three years, followed by sixteen months of community service.

"That bad, huh?" Zach asked.

"If that idiot had raced me, none of this would've happened. He wrecked my car." Dagger answered.

"Actually, you wrecked your own car. Braedey is smarter than you, and he knew there were cops watching us, you didn't." Ren replied, demonstrating clear disagreement with his boss.

Dagger glared at him.

"No. I am going to make him pay for this. Now drive, you disrespectful son of a bitch." He said.

Ren silently obliged and drove to the Martins' house. Braedey was in the kitchen with a mug of hot coffee. He was still working on a plan of how to travel to Italy and bring Veronica back to life. Braedey is a man of his word, and will do anything under the nose to keep a promise. Dagger and his goons backed into the driveway. They got out of Ren's car and went to the garage. Dagger smashed the lock with a sledgehammer and opened the door. He stormed into the garage with the sledgehammer in hand.

"I don't know about this, man. We shouldn't mess with a man's car." Ren said.

But Dagger was too stubborn and hardheaded to listen.