𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

———FRIENDSHIP IS LIKE PEEING YOURSELF

———The route was hidden by a thick layer of fog. Even if you squinted your eyes you wouldn't be able to see at least four foot ahead.

"Is this the second phase?" She asked sitting down next to Gon.

Gon shook his head scratching his chin, "It's still the first one. If we complete this one then it will be the second."

"Ah okay."

A comfortable silence consumed the three while they waited for the examiner to speak. But it got boring so Y/n's random thoughts arrived without warning.

"I still don't understand how he talks or eats." Y/n randomly blurted out again looking at the examiner Satotz intensely.

Killua laughed lightly looking over towards him thinking about it for a while. "Wish I could tell you but I don't understand myself."

Gon looked deep in though staring at him. "I can't see a mouth or anything."

"Maybe it's really really small and you can't see it from this far away." Y/n suggested squinting her eyes.

"Yeah but his moustache moves when he talks." Killua pointed out.

Y/n clicked her fingers and her face lifted, "It could be hidden under the moustache! That would make sense."

The trio now sat observing Satotz face intensely thinking of different ways he could talk and eat. That was until Kurapika interrupted their conspiracy theories.

"Looks like the fog is lifting." Kurapika mentioned coming from no where pointed out.

"Oh yeah you're right." Gon replied back, observing around him.

The sound of metal clanging together echoed throughout the area. Many applicants turned around to the noise witnessing the the doors closing from the top of the stairs, shutting out another exhausted applicant.

Satotz cleared his throat and began to speak, "We must cross it to reach phase 2 of the exam, this place is home to a variety of bizarre animals. Who feast on human prey. So please be careful. If you're deceived you're surely dumped."

"These creatures are not to be under estimated for they will use every trick in the book to fool a prey." He informed them taking a breath to intensely glare. "This is an eco system in which all creatures hunt but they art of deception and this is also why it's know as swindlers swamp...Now then. Please follow me closely so you won't be deceived."

The group started to talk amongst themselves about the order which has been placed. All for it for Leorio not to believe. "Is he messing with us? If we know that they'll try to deceive us whose gonna fall for it."