𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

———GON IS STUBBORN AF

———The four were back in front of the testing gate in the early morning after some much needed sleep. But this time they were wearing the heavy vest given to them the night before.

Joining the four was Zebro and Seaquant, both curious to see if they would be able to open at least one gate if not two.

Determination filled their gazes when staring at the gate ahead of them, well, not Y/n's gaze. Her eyes were closed still trying to catch up on last nights sleep and return to the dream she was rudely awoken from.

Gon began to take his steps forward to give the gate a go. That was until Leorio decided it was best to call out to him. "Wait, Gon! You can just watch."

Turning back around, Gon was confused on why he couldn't take his turn. "Huh? Why?"

Kurapika stepped in also trying to give Gon more a convincing statement. As seen from yesterday, Gon is stubborn AF. "You need to let your arm heal first."

"As long as Kurapika and I...and maybe Y/n can open it, it doesn't matter." Leorio said giving Y/n a side eye glance. "Let us handle this!"

"I'm not even going to argue because I know that you're right. I could never open the gate." Y/n shrugged not in the mood to argue due to it being too early in the morning.

It was a bit quiet after she had said that, so the three stuck around and watched Gon contemplate his decision.

Y/n sighed making the noise gather his attention. Tilting his head to the side in confusion, she put her right arm out and motion for him to come over for a side hug. Gon's eyes brightened slightly when he walked over to her embrace. She wrapped her arm round his shoulder when he nodded in agreement. "...Okay... Good luck."

Kurapika and Leorio looked at each other ready to give it their all. Smirking Leorio shouted to Kurapika. "Let's do this, Kurapika!"

"Yeah!"

Gon drew away his eyes from them and looked up to Y/n. Feeling the movement, she looked down to meet his eyes. Seeing his facial expression Y/n began to worry. "Hey, why are you pouting?"

"I'm not pouting." He dismissed looking back ahead of him.

"Yes, you are."

"No, i'm not."

"Yes you were, you were like this-" She started to talk and paused half way to intimidate his pout. "-with your big bambi eyes."

"...I just don't know why you're not helping." He mumbled. "You're strong too."

Y/n chuckled lightly, "No i'm not. The past few weeks is the most that's happened to me in my life then ever before. I was not prepared."

"Yeah but you could still try."