Justice Will Be Served

A/N: if I get to 666 likes, you think I can summon Richard III from the afterlife?

(Margaret tries her best to gain power, but Richard knows how to turn the tide against her)

EARLY JUNE 1509

Richard attended council meetings as usual. In some occasions, Freja joined him, sitting on the queen's throne and both looked as if they were the King and Queen of England themselves while the newlywed Henry and Catherine enjoyed their honeymoon.

There were times that Margaret tried to interrupt, but failed. There were times when she had tried to convince Henry how history will repeat itself, but in vain.

There were times Henry had doubts. The people had loved his brother. The lords respected him and often turned to him for advices. Henry would shake the thought off his mind; no, his brother Richard will never do that to him.

One morning, Lina had rushed to Richard's private quarters. Freja received her and she told her of her concerns - Oviedo, who was now her husband, has been arrested.

Richard walked out, decked in black as always and listened to her case. It's what he did almost everyday - listening to problems and finding ways to solve them.

"She accuses him of stealing a prayer book. I do not know, sir, because she found it with him. Oviedo wouldn't do such a thing. You know that", Lina pleaded to Richard.

"I'll handle this".

Richard headed off to the meeting to see the lords were waiting for him. Margaret was already seated and scowled upon seeing him.

"Seize him", she said, pointing to Richard.

No one dared to move. Richard looked around and smirked at Margaret.

"Pray tell, what have I done?".

"You are an accomplice to your grandmother's witchcraft. You will be sentenced to burn at the stakes".

"My lords, look. Look at this woman. Look what she did to Edmund Dudley, someone who had supported her and she rewarded him an axe to the head. I will not be surprised if any of you get them too", Richard was awfully calm and smiling even.

Margaret became agitated when the lords murmured, agreeing with Richard. She demanded Richard's arrest, but no one seems to move.

"Madam, my lady grandmother died when I was young. Frankly, how was a boy to know how to do witchcraft when he barely saw her? I was under the care of Lord Jasper, in case you've forgotten and he had me watched at all times".

Margaret felt cornered now. Richard smirked at her, winning at the cards in his hand.

"My lords, shall we remove her before we joined Dudley at the city walls?", Richard spoke as if all of this was nothing more but a game to him.

The guards took Margaret away, all the while she was struggling to get free. Richard asked about Oviedo's case and read the report.

"As far as I'm concerned, why would a guard, who believes in a different faith, stole a prayer book? He could've just asked for one and he has the means to purchase one if he's curious. Why steal? It doesn't add up", Richard argued.

"So he is to be released?", Stafford sounded guilty.

"Yes, my Lord Stafford. Andrew, could you do the honour and release that poor man from the Tower?", Richard asked, handing a letter to release Oviedo from prison.

"Consider it done", said Drew before he left.

"There's a lot of discrepancies that Lady Beaufort presented to us, but we prefer if you look into it first", said Wolsey.

"Thank you, Your Eminence", Richard nodded before they began to discuss on the coronation of the new King and Queen of England.

When Richard returned later that evening, Freja was sitting with Lina and Oviedo while their children were playing nearby. Lina thanked Richard profusely.

"We are indebted to you. We do not know how to repay you", she sobbed.

"Only your friendship is what my wife and I desire, Lina".

"Thank you, Your Grace. You have been so kind to us ever since we arrive to your country", said Oviedo.

"It is the king's pleasure and he knows how valuable you both are to his wife. All I ask, we work together to make sure this country is safe for their children and ours for the foreseeable future".

Lina and Oviedo returned to their quarters. Freja helped her husband to remove the fur-lined jacket off of him.

"I do not know how these people are able to wear all those. Isn't it too warm for summer?, Richard sighed as he plopped himself onto the bed.

Freja straddled him, her skirt scrunched up to her mid thighs. Richard rubbed her legs, knowing what she wants, but Freja slapped his hands off.

"What?", he frowned.

"Get it done, Richard. Get rid of that, then I'll let you touch me", she said, referring to the pendant before getting off her husband.

Richard took off the pendant and let it dangled above his head. She knew. She was mad for a while, though she didn't say a word, because she knew he was driven by vengeance and hate.

Freja sat by the fire, picking up her unfinished work. Richard got up and knelt before her.

"I'm sorry. I was so driven by vengeance that I didn't think that consequences would affect us. If I could, I would do anything to get all of our children back. Teddy, William, Christian and Cecily. I love them all, even when we don't have the chance to know Christian and Cecily".

Richard grabbed a knife and handed it to her. "Kill me if you have to. If that is what it takes to atone my sins, then do it".

Freja set her work in the basket, along with the knife. She knelt down to be at his eye level.

She kissed him, passion burned in her lips. Richard's hands held her by the waist, moaning and wanting more. Freja pushed him off, catching her breath.

"I cannot blame you. I would have done the same. I just..., want you to stop. Killing them will not bring your father back, nor it would bring our children back. It will not bring William back either. I want it to stop because I don't want it to corrupt you anymore. It worries me everyday that it would damn your own soul".

"My soul has long been damned", Richard rest his forehead on hers, his voice was almost a whisper while his eyes breaming with tears.

"But it doesn't mean it cannot be saved", she said.

Richard broke down, begging to be forgiven. Freja laid his head on her lap and let him cried it out. As a dutiful wife, she knew she must forgive him.

"Promise me, Richard. No more. We get her, then that's it. No more", Freja spoke, gently.

Richard nodded, holding onto her as if she was his life. He promised, after the the last name, there will be no more of the curse.