Remorseful

(Mary and Henri head off to Pembroke. Both Mary and Freja share great news

A/N: I know pregnancy above 40 is risky, but just trust me. It's for the plot)

LATE 1532

47 year old Richard rolled out the letter and read it. He passed it to his wife, who then passed it over to their oldest son, 21 year old Henri, Prince of Wales and Duke of Gloucester.

"Did you agree to it?", Charlie asked.

Richard shook his head. "Besides, how would he ensure his son would be qualified for the crown? I've kept him isolated. He doesn't have any influence on anything".

"Would you let Anne stay with him?", asked Norfolk.

"I've instructed Lord Herbert to move her to a different room, far away from my uncle. It's better if she has a steady pregnancy than a stressful one", said Henri.

Richard turned to Freja, who was smiling proudly at her son. She grasped her husband's hand.

"I also have some news", she said and placed Richard's hand on her belly.

Richard's eyes grew wide. "Really?", he asked.

"Well, I'm not the one who can't keep his hands to himself", she gave her husband a smug.

"Lady mother!", Henri was the one flustered at his mother's words.

The news was surprised to all. Nevertheless, Richard was happy, but he was worried at the same time.

Freja was not young anymore and he worried the pregnancy could harm them both. He masked his emotions well, but his children knew him better.

Henri knocked on the door and entered the room to find his wife, Mary and his sister, Lizzie with Freja. He bowed before the queen before sitting down in front of her.

"So you're going?", Freja asked.

"Yes, I just want to make sure she has the proper care..., as Mary have".

"Mary, will you be alright?", seven year old Lizzie asked.

Mary didn't remember when the last time she had saw her real father. She had written him countless letters and he only replied very few, mostly speaking on how she must use her influence to get the crown back to him, but that was the first five years of his imprisonment.

Mary nodded. "I have Henri. I will be fine".

EARLY 1533

Henri and Mary rode to Pembroke, along with their retinues. Herbert and Bessie welcomed them and Bessie was more than happy to see her son again.

"Lady Bessie, how is my uncle?", Henri asked as they went inside.

"As usual, Your Grace", said Bessie.

Henri and Mary first visited Anne Boleyn, who was now accommodated into a room of her own that will soon become her confinement room. Both Henri and Mary sat down on the chair near the bed.

"How are you?", Henri asked.

"I pray that this child is healthy. It's been a long time trying", said Anne.

"My father..., does he treat you well?", Mary asked.

"Sometimes, he is kind. He used to tell me that I must have a son so he can take his crown back. Although, after I slapped him, he has been slowing down about it".

"You believe him?", Henri asked.

Anne sighed. "To be honest, living here and being married to him..., feels rather odd, but I have the freedom I desired. I don't have a man to tell me what I can do or cannot do. Your father kept his words and let me see my brother, George from time to time".

"How's your father?", Henri asked again.

"He's rather remorseful. He writes to me that everyday, he regrets of the things he had done. How he wished to fix things. He had sent countless letters to your father the king, but receives no reply".

"He betrayed my father. Why should my father speak to him?".

"But they were friends".

"Were", Henri emphasised.

"Are you going to see him?", Anne asked, referring to Henry.

"Yes, so my father can have his monthly report".

"And to tell him of the news", said Mary.

"News?", Anne frowned.

Mary and Henri smiled at each other. "We are expecting too. Possibly after summer next year", said Henri.

"I offer you my sincere congratulations", Anne smiled.

"Rest, my lady. I look so forward to meet my new brother or sister", Mary smiled.

Henri and Mary arrived at the door that led to the room that held Henry Tudor. The soldiers opened the door and let them in.

Henry Tudor, his red hair was combed back and he was dressed as regal as a king. Henri bowed to his uncle and Mary curtsied to her father.

"Mary, my darling", Henry greeted Mary with an embrace.

"I see you are well", Henri was less enthusiastic to see his uncle.

"How are your parents?", Henry asked.

"They are well. They send their regards".

"I haven't seen them in ages, Henri".

"I'm sure they'll visit soon".

"Your father only stops by, but never visits. Is he still angry with me?".

"Father, how are you?", Mary asked, diverting the question.

"I am well, Mary", Henry smiled.

"We've come here to tell you the news", Mary stood next to her husband.

"We are expecting", said Henri.

Henry smiled, proudly. "That's amazing! I will be a grandfather soon!".

"If you show cooperation and willingness, I would like to invite you to Westminster when our child is born", said Henri.

"You will?", Henry gave a hopeful look.

"That will depend on my father the king".

"Could you..., please tell him? Tell him I really want to see him. I've been thinking a lot, Henri. I know I've done things..., that's punishable by death, but my brother didn't kill me. I really want to see him again".

"You are alive because of my father's love for your mother. If you try anything, when I am king, I will not hesitate", said Henri.

"Darling...", Mary pleaded.

Henri sighed, not wanting to distress his wife. "Say goodbye, Mary", he said.

"I'll come by tomorrow, alright?", Mary smiled, apologetically.

Henry nodded and kissed her forehead. He watched his daughter, forlornly before the guards closed the doors.

"I apologise. I did not mean to be rude", said Henri.

"My father seems to have repent", said Mary.

"Only God will be the judge of that".