Chapter 1 (introduction)

(Play intro from beginning to 16 seconds then you can either pause it or keep listening while reading your choice)

Luzes POV

///////////////

Alright people let me run this through you one time got it. Hi im Luz Noceda and for the last 14 years of my life I've been......lonley very very lonely. Lets start from the beginning. My dad left when I was 2, my Mom hates me for being weird and odd and also blames me for my father leaving, I have lightning abilities, and I have no friends. Now you might be wondering how I got my powers, well, its complicated. 

(flashback 3 years ago so luz is 11) (Luz is at home in her room)

Luzes POV

//////////////

"great another day of people bullying me and another day of getting yelled at bye my mom. Why can I have a normal life and a better mom. Is it really so wrong for me to be myself why why WHY!! What have I dont so wrong in life to deserve this.......oh right...........dad left because of me at least thats what mom has been saying ever since he left. Why can't people like me for who I am. Sure im wierd BUT WHO ISN'T!?! What makes me so different from everyone else that I have to deal with this stuff. Why must the world be SO DANG JUDGMENTAL. AH this is so FRUSTRATING." I felt so mad and furious it and my blood was boiling. My hands suddenly started sparking lightning. "what the?". I felt super weird like this immense energy boost and then my hands started emitting lightning making crackling and popping noises. Good thing moms at work.

 I stood up and went over to the body mirror and saw my left eye was blue and yellow and my right eye was blue. (like this)

(this image is not mine and is from a manga called Lumine on a app called webtoon)

Suddenly the lightning on my hands stopped and my eyes turned brown again. THAT WAS SO COOL BUT SO WEIRD AT THE SAME TIME!!! "mhh maybe I should try it again?". I closed my eyes and imagined/concentrated lightning coming out of my right hand. I opened one eye to see if it worked and like I thought lightning was emitting from my right hand and my eyes were blue and yellow again. "I wonder" I muttered to myself before going outside to the backyard and taking a soda can from the trash. "maybe if I just HAYA" I said pointing the index finger of my right hand to the soda can. 

A stream of lightning came for out of my finger but missed the can. I tried it a few times but it wasn't hitting the can. "AH what am I doing wrong!". I thought for a while until I thought of an idea. "I wonder if I can control the lightning". I held my right and left hand out, the palms facing upwards. Ok just concentrate. I made lightning streams from my left and right hand and connected the lightning strings together. I slowly made my palms face each other and made a small ball of lightning enough to hit the soda can. I put the ball of lightning on my right palm and concentrated on hitting the soda can. "ok lightning GO" I said as the lightning ball hit the soda can and the can burst leaving no remands. Now I wonder what else I can do. "MIJA IM HOME!" I hear mom shout. Dang it welp guess I'll have to practice tomorrow] (flashback over)

And yeah thats basically how I found my powers. Still not sure how or why I have them but got to admit there really cool. I've come far with my powers and my hard work really payed off over the years of training. I taught myself how to fight so now I can defend my self against bullies and other people. I decided not to tell anyone because from i've learned from tv shows, movies, and ect. the government or some people would probably come after you if they found out you had powers and Moms not worthy enough for me to tell her. She would probably go nuts if I told her. 

Authors note: Next chapter will have Luzes powers and abilities)