Party

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Kirg asked for probably the eleventh time.

Bram rolled his eyes, "Yeah, I'm sure, Kirg."

"But..."

Ishka took his hand, leaning into his shoulder, "Don't you want to hang out with me somewhere we don't have to hide?"

The fear melted from his eyes, and his gaze gentled, "Of course I do, Ishka."

Bram covertly gave her a thumbs up, and Ishka winked just as covertly.

Beside him Asher snorted, "She's got him whipped."

Bram laughed quietly, "Yeah, I knew if anybody could get him out of the house it would be her. Just hope she can keep her tail hidden."

Asher nodded, and Bram didn't need Vamp powers to know Asher was nervous too, though unlike Kirg he didn't voice it.

"It's gonna be good, Ash," Bram assured him. "My friends are going to love you."

"Are they all... gay?" Asher wondered.

"Some are, but they're all just good ol' boys."

"Have you... kissed any of them?"

"A few," Bram said, tension coiling in his gut. Why hadn't he thought about that? Of course it would make Asher uncomfortable. He hurriedly reassured, "But it didn't mean anything. We were just experimenting."

Asher nodded, gazing into the distance and keeping his thoughts to himself.

"You mad?"

Asher looked at him in surprise but shook his head, "No. Jealous maybe, but not mad."

Bram grinned at that and took his hand, kissing the back of it and pulling him along the trail, "They're going to love you."

They quickly caught up to Kirg and Ishka, and together the four of them made their way down the well-worth path through the woods and to the riverbank.

When they walked out of the trees, Asher, Kirg, and Ishka all paused, taking in the bonfire, torches, and various blankets spread out on the ground.

There were probably about thirty-odd teenagers milling along the edge of the bank, roasting marshmallows and hotdogs, fishing, drinking and socializing, or making out on the blankets.

"Hey, Bram made it!"

"Hey, Greg," Bram greeted the tall, muscular man with curly black hair and dark brown eyes.

Greg was sporting Wranglers, a tank top, baseball hat, and boots--the typical summer fashion among Bram's group. Greg's tank top featured a rebel flag, something Bram found odd considering Greg's heritage, but he figured that it was Greg's business.

A couple other guys came over then, the red-haired, freckle-faced Danny and the dark-skinned, blue-eyed Dirk.

"So," Greg said, looking Asher up and down, "this the dude?"

Bram grinned, sliding his arm around Asher, "Yeah, guys this is my boyfriend Asher, my brother Kirg, and his girlfriend Ishka."

"Damn, she's taken?" Dirk frowned.

Kirg's back went ramrod straight, "Yeah, she is."

Ishka beamed  when Kirg possessively took her hand in his.

"Do you guys like to share?" Dirk asked.

"No," Bram answered for them, seeing their bewildered looks. "They're monogamous and straight."