Sword and Sheath

Bram sat down at Kirg's table and put his head down.

Three days. It had been three days since he'd last seen Asher.

He heard a heartbeat walk closer to him, felt blood thrumming next to him, smelled the familiar scent of Wren.

A gentle hand touched his arm, and he flinched, sitting up to look into concerned brown eyes.

"What's wrong, Bram?"

Before he could answer Kirg joined her, followed by another heartbeat. To Bram's surprise it was Dirk's, not Jess'.

"Where's Jess?" Bram wondered, looking around.

"Hello to you too, rude," Dirk rolled his eyes, sitting across from him.

Wren looked down, distress shrouding her features; Kirg looked pissed but promised, "I'll tell you later."

Bram nodded and turned his attention back to Dirk, "What brings you here?"

"I'm a little worried about my favorite redneck," Dirk said simply. "What's your malfunction?"

Bram opened his mouth to tell him to fuck off, but when he met Dirk's eyes, they were filled with compassion. Bram sighed heavily, "I screwed up with Asher."

Dirk's eyes lit up, "Oh? Well, maybe I could give you some advice!"

Bram snorted, "What's your longest relationship?"

Dirk tapped his lips, "Define 'relationship'."

Bram shook his head, a small smile tugging at his lips despite the sadness weighing on his soul. "You're such a slut."

Dirk winked, "You know it, baby. Now, what's wrong?"

"Do you want us to leave?" Kirg asked quietly.

Bram shook his head, "No, you can stay... I just don't know how to explain..."

"Oh. That's easy," Kirg said, picking up his hamburger. "Bram found out Asher's female."

Dirk's eyes grew wide, and he looked back and forth between the twins as if expecting one of them to start laughing. When they didn't, he whistled and sat back, "That must have been a shock."

Bram nodded, rubbing his thumb over his fingers and staring at the table. Were there even words to explain what he was feeling?

Dirk surprised him by shrugging, "Oh well. So what?"

Bram furrowed his brows, "Um...I'm gay, so..."

Dirk snorted, "And Asher's a guy. What's the big deal?"

"Asher's a girl," Bram said slowly, wondering if Dirk hadn't heard him the first time.

Dirk shook his head, "Nah, the dude I met was all guy."

"Well the girl I felt up had no dick!" Bram shot back.

Dirk shrugged, "So? You guys can still give each other hand jobs and do anal play."

"That's not the issue here!" Bram grumbled.

"Hey, don't be so vulgar," Kirg admonished, glancing at Wren's furiously blushing face.

Dirk glanced at her and smiled sheepishly, "Sorry, Wren. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."

"No, it's okay..." she reassured him. "Um, I'm going to go get some water."

Kirg glared at Dirk and followed her leaving them alone.

"So, what is the issue then?" Dirk asked softly.