mirrored five

I stood in the door frame of Scott's room biting my nails, while my mom checked Stiles's vitals. We weren't really sure which Stiles was which just yet, even though I had a feeling this was the right one. My mom shines a light in his eyes, checking his pupils. She then went to check his pulse but hesitated due to fright. Stiles lifts his hand, cooperating with her.

"Well, medically, you're okay. You are a real person." My mom smiles, lightening the mood.

Stiles had a worried look in his eyes. "Okay, so I'm real, but am I really me?" My mom doesn't say anything.

My attention turned to Scott as he walked through the door. "Let's do this. She's here."

"Okay, let's do it." Stiles agrees. I look down and so does my mother. "Guys, we have to do this."

I leave the door frame, walking down the steps and back into the living room. Kira's mother, Mrs. Yukimura, stood in the middle of it. I walk past her, sitting in a chair behind her. Few seconds later, Stiles emerges from the steps, Scott helping him. I had no idea what their plan was, they wouldn't tell me.

"Do you recognize me?" She asks. Stiles steps away from Scott and towards her.

"Stop!" Kira bursts into our home.

Stiles puts up his hand. "It's okay, I asked her to come."

"You're the one who asked to get stabbed with swords? Mom don't do this to him." Kira pleads.

Mrs. Yukimura doesn't turn towards her daughter. "It's already done."

Suddenly two Oni appear in black mist. I stand, ready to fight but Mrs. Yukimura holds her arm out, not allowing me to proceed. One of the Oni holds the side of Stiles's face, looking into his eyes. After a few seconds, he lets go and Stiles stumbles to the ground.

"Look behind his ear." Mrs. Yukimura puts her arm down and I kneel behind Stiles, looking behind his ear as instructed. A faint mirrored five was behind his ear, meaning it worked.

"Am I actually me?" Stiles asks, sitting up.

"Yes, you are." She replies.

"Can the Oni find him?" He asks, looking up.

"Tomorrow night. It's too close to dawn now."

"Can they kill him?" Stiles keeps questioning.

"Depends how strong he is."

Scott looks up, "What about Lydia? Why would they take her?" He asks.

"He would only take her for an advantage." Mrs. Yukimura explains.

"Like her power?" I ask.

"Her power of a Banshee."

"Stiles is dying." The nogitsune's voice kept whispering in my head but I shook it off, I believed he was just trying to get to me. I sat in the waiting area outside of the sheriff's office biting my nails again as Stiles reunited with Noah. Ever since Stiles came back I've felt different, withdrawn.

Deputy Parrish hung up the phone, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Sheriff, Meredith Walker."

"She still there?" Noah asks from inside his office.

"Yeah, but they moved her to the Closed Unit. Behavioral issues." Parrish replies.

Stiles's voice came out next. "What issues?"

"She wouldn't stop screaming."

Banshee. Meredith is a banshee.

Noah steps out of his office, going to Eichen House. "You three, go home. I'll call you."

I drove us to my house, the car ride silent. Scott sat in the passenger seat while Stiles sat in the back. My mind started to drift, thinking about the nogitsune. "Stiles is dying."

"Myla!" Scott's voice rang out and I snapped out, noticing I was on the other side of the road. I gasp and swerve to the right, safely in the correct lane. "You okay?" He asks, scared.

"Yeah yeah, I'm fine. I'm just tired." I say while I pull into our driveway.

Stiles took off his coat and laid onto the couch, carefully closing his eyes for rest. I sit in the chair across from him, closing my eyes. After a bit, scenes flashed behind my eyelids. It was an old hallway with pipes along the side of it. Nothing significant was pointing out to me until I saw a flash of a familiar strawberry blonde hair run across the hallway. It was Lydia. It quickly flashed again, and an old gateway was show with the words 'Oak Creek' above it. But the images were quickly ripped away when a loud gasp shook me awake.

Across the room Stiles quickly stood up from the couch and looked disoriented. I quickly stood as Scott came running from the kitchen. "You okay?"

I step towards the two. "What happened? How long was I out?" Stiles asks quite panicked.

"Just a couple of hours. Sit down." Scott says.

Stiles's eyes dart between my twin and I. "Where's my dad?"

"He's at Eichen House." I say.

"He's questioning everyone, looking for Meredith." Scott finishes. "I promised him I wouldn't let you out of my sight."

Stiles's hands shake. "What about the others?"

"Allison, Issac, the twins, they're all looking for Lydia." Scott looks at me. "Myla has been here sleeping. She hasn't gotten much sleep since the nogitsune."

Stiles reaches down and grabs his coat, swinging it around his body. "I don't know why, but I just can't seem to get warm." His voice shook with his shivers.

"Maybe you should sit down, take it easy." Scott suggests. He nudges Stiles back lightly, but he flinches when black veins shoot down his arm. "You're in pain."

"It's not that bad. It's more like a dull ache everywhere." Stiles replies.

"Stiles, you should sit." I say, grabbing his hand and slightly pushing him back. His hand was freezing.

"Stiles is dying." The voice of the nogitsune whispers in my head.

Stiles rips his hand away from mine and he sits. "Stiles, you're freezing."

"So are you Myla." Stiles points out.

Scott looks at me and his eyes were filled with worry, but he didn't know what to say to me. He looks back to Stiles. "Tell me the truth. How much does it really hurt?"

Stiles opened his mouth but was interrupted by Scott's phone ringing. "It's Kira." He stands and walks away, leaving Stiles and I alone.