bloody pavement

Scott grabbed my arm and led me upstairs, away from our father. I follow him upstairs, into his room where I hear the last part of what Stiles, Issac, and Meredith are talking about. "I don't know where Lydia is." Meredith looks at me as I stand in the doorway. "But she does."

My eyes widen as Stiles turns to look at me. Anger flashes in his eyes, something I've never really seen in him. He starts to walk fast towards me and he grabs my shirt, lifting me slightly and pushing me into the wall. Pain spreads throughout my back, adding to my ache. "Where is she?" He yells into my face. "Where is she?" He yells again, close to my face. Tears fall from my eyes while no words were formed.

"Stiles stop!" Scott says, trying to get his best friend off of me. "She doesn't know!"

"Where is she? Tell me where she is!" Stiles face was close, and his words were loud.

"Stop, you're hurting me." I manage to get out. My breathing was uneven, for Stiles's actions just reminded me of the nogitsune. If the nogitsune hadn't been draining me, I would've been able to easily push Stiles off. But I had no strength and overwhelming pain.

"Myla!" Stiles yells again. I look past him, seeing the nogitsune. He stood behind Stiles with his arms crossed. It's like the whole world stopped for a moment. He nods and walks down the hallway, and all of the yelling comes back.

"Oak Creek!" I shout. Stiles lets go of my shirt and I fall to the floor, sobbing.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Stiles says quieter.

Tears keep streaming from my eyes. "I didn't know that's where she was. It was just my dream."

"I'll call Allison and Kira to meet us there. Let's go." Scott says, walking out. Stiles followed, leaving me on the floor. Issac walks up to me and holds out his hand, and I grab it, but Issac quickly let's go as black veins sprout on his hand. I look away and help myself up, walking to Stiles's jeep.

I stare out the window as Stiles drives, no one wanted to say anything. I didn't want to confront him in any way. My ache hurt worse, it felt like my whole body was throbbing.

"Hey, you okay?" Stiles asks Scott, breaking the silence.

Scott glances back at me then his best friend. "Yeah. You don't have to worry about me."

"All right, I'm going to say it." Issac speaks up. "You look like you're dying. You're pale, thin and you look like you're getting worse. We're all sitting here thinking it."

"He is dying." I mumble. Scott and Issac look at me. "The nogitsune keeps saying it to me."

"Well I'm going to say this too. You look like you're dying too. And you're in the worst pain that I've ever felt." Issac says, looking me over. I look back out the window.

"What happens if he gets hurt?" Scott asks.

"You mean if he dies, do I die? I don't care." Stiles starts. "Just as long as no one else does because of me. I remember everything I did Scott. I remember pushing that sword into you. I remember twisting it. And I remember hurting you too Myla."

"It wasn't you." Scott says.

"Yeah but I remember it. You guys gotta promise me, you can't let anyone else get hurt because of me." Stiles looks in his mirror and looks at me and I nod.

We pull up to Oak Creek, the same gate in my dream was right in front of me. Stiles attempted to help me out, holding his hand out. I went to grab it but hesitated and retreated my hand, jumping out myself. We walk over by Allison and Kira, who got here just before us. I stare at the gate, wondering why the nogitsune wanted us here, why it showed me where Lydia was.

"We've done this before." Scott starts. "A couple weeks ago we were standing around just like this and we saved Malia, remember?" everyone nods and I look down. "That was a total stranger. This is Lydia."

"I'm here to save my best friend." Allison blurts.

"And I came to save mine." Scott says glancing at Stiles.

"I just didn't feel like doing any homework." Issac says and I smile and laugh quietly before we all walk through the gate.

I follow Scott and Stiles, while the other three go the other direction. I didn't really want to stay with Stiles, I wanted to leave. In perfect timing, I feel yelling and pain. It felt like a fight.

"She's in a hallway with pipes along the side." I say following them. "I'm going to help them." I turn in the opposite direction, running to Allison, Kira, and Issac.

When I came out, I figured out I was correct, fighting occurred with the Oni against my new friends. I look and see Kira being fought left and right and I concentrate and use my telekinetic ability and throw them away from her. I felt my eyes glow purple while she nods at me and I nod back. Suddenly one trips me and I fall to my back. It swings its sword at me but I stop it when it was close to my face. The sword glowed in my purple power as it started to crack. I screamed and it blew to pieces, along with the Oni, that disappeared in black smoke.

Soon the scream of Lydia sounded and I turn around, seeing a sword that went straight through Allison. I spin around again, seeing void Stiles standing behind an old truck, smirking. The fighting stopped while he called them off. Scott ran towards her and caught her in his arms. I felt all of the pain and sadness around me while Issac fell to his knees. I watched as her body went limp, her hand hitting  the pavement as Scott sobbed.

author's note !
the end is near for this book and
I'm so happy on how far it has
come. there is only three more
chapters chapters left, and I'm
so thankful for all of your support.

I've been making a few drafts for
a sequel, let me know if you want
me to finish that.

other than that, I just want to say
THANK YOU !

~kylee