(fifteen)

"Where did you say you found her?"

"Out in the garden."

"But it was raining all night."

I hear voices, but they sound jumbled, and I can only assume they're talking about me.

"I think she's waking up."

The light beside me is blinding. I hear a voice telling someone to shut the curtains. Once my eyes finally adjust, I see the concerned faces of my friends. Minji rushes to my side and feels my face, checking if I have a fever.

"Where am I?"

"You're in our room," Yoohyeon responds. "You passed out in the garden last night. Do you remember what happened?"

Memories of last night flash through my head, and I suddenly feel dirty. I glance at the bruises on my wrist, bruises left by two different people who I considered my friends. Someone knocks on the door, and Yoohyeon goes to answer it, only opening it a crack.

I hear a familiar voice. "Have you seen Kim Bora? I need to find her, please."

"Sorry, no," Yoohyeon lies, "I haven't seen her since you guys came back from the wedding."

The Princess sighs and says, "Please, if you see her, tell her to come find me. I really need to talk to her. I need to make things right."

Her speech makes my blood boil. How could she possibly make this right? I hate her more now than I ever did before. My heart aches for the loss of the person I thought she was becoming.

Minji and Yoohyeon keep me around for another hour or so, asking questions but not demanding answers. I really don't even know what I'd say to them at this point. They finally let me go after ensuring I could walk okay on my own.

I open the door to my room and find an envelope on the floor. I sit down and open it.

Kim Bora

I can't explain with words how sorry I am for what I did to you. I was overwhelmed with anger and jealousy, and I hurt you, and for that I am truly sorry. I don't expect you to forgive me. If you decide you want to talk about it, I can try to explain. But until you're ready, you won't hear another word on the subject from me. I'll wait for you.

If there's anything I can do to make it up to you, I'll do it. You deserve better.

Siyeon.