(thirty-nine)

"Siyeon, it's gonna be okay."

She paces back and forth in my room, mumbling about how everything needs to go according to plan today. I get up and grab her arm to stop her pacing. I stand on my toes to give her a quick kiss to bring her back to reality. Her smile looks sad, but she hugs me and quietly thanks me anyway. "I just don't want to marry him," she says.

"I know, Princess," I mumble, "But you don't have to. As long as he holds up his end of the deal, everything will be great!"

Siyeon nods and leads me out of my room and into hers. I help her into her dress and find myself dumbfounded again. God, she's beautiful. I style her hair and do her makeup, consistently whispering reassurances to her.

Once she's ready, she walks into her closet and returns with the suit she had made for me. I begin changing into it, but she stops me. "You got me ready," she says, "Let me do it for you." I let her remove my uniform and help me into the suit. As she puts my pants on, her hands linger on my hips for a moment before buttoning them. Her fingers are cold brushing against my torso as she buttons up the top and adjusts my collar. She smooths out my vest and stares into my eyes. "I'm so proud of you," she breathes. "I'm so happy you stayed, Bora. Really, thank you. I love you."

"I love you, too." As much as I want to throw myself into her and kiss her until I can't breathe, I know I have to wait so she can look perfect for her wedding. I sneak in one quick kiss before we make our way downstairs. I can hear people chatting in the ballroom where the wedding will take place, so Siyeon and I avoid the ballroom so nobody sees the bride before the wedding.

Minji and Yoohyeon are waiting for us in the dining hall. They quickly get to work touching up our hair and makeup. They shower Siyeon in compliments and offer me sympathetic smiles. They know the girl I love is marrying someone else today, and they pity me for the fact that I have a front row seat to the show.

It's only a few minutes before the ceremony begins. Princess Sooyoung runs in and tells me we have to go. Her dress is gorgeous and matches my suit. I wonder how the Queen is going to feel when she knows Siyeon let me wear a suit. She leads me up to the altar where we wait for Siyeon. I see Prince Jaebeom and his groomsmen opposite us, and the Prince gives me a knowing nod, ensuring we're still on track. I nod in return and glance at the best man, who does the same small nod to me.

The music begins playing, and everyone turns to face the back of the ballroom. The King isn't here, so I'm shocked to see my dad holding Siyeon and walking her down the aisle. It makes sense; I hope she sees all of my family as people she can rely on, people who love her.

My mouth goes dry at the sight of Siyeon right in front of me. She faces Prince Jaebeom and the ceremony begins.