EIGHTEEN

(Vik POV)

The shouts could be heard all the way from the waiting area. That was all they ever did...they yelled at each other. JJ and Cassie couldn't spend more than an hour together without grabbing at each other's throats.

But I heard the way she talked about him. She cared about him, and it hurt to hear when JJ acted like he didn't feel the same way.

But one thing he said made all of us look at each other.

"But don't come crying to me when you realize I actually give a fuck about you and watched you the whole time you were getting those damn stitches in your leg!"

He did care.

But the way he stormed out of the room showed otherwise. Why would he leave her, after what he did? He was more angry than he'd ever been before, and that was clear when he hurled his phone across the room and into the wall, causing it to shatter.

He stood in the waiting room, groaning as he put his head in his hands. We all just watched our friend tear himself apart, unsure of how he'd react if we said something.

Most of us looked over at Simon to see his reaction. He'd known JJ the longest, after all. But he had wide eyes.

I sighed and stood, knowing I'd probably die for this but also knowing that it was important that he heard what I had to say. "JJ."

He tensed and didn't take his head out of his hands. He snarled. "What?"

"Why don't we go outside?"

He dropped his hands to his side at that, and I expected him to start shouting. But he didn't. Instead, he just nodded and walked out of the building, me following close behind.

Of course, he took his anger out on the brick wall outside. Well, more so on his fists, but I put a hand on his shoulder and he stopped punching the wall.

"It's so fucking hard," He muttered. "Why is it so hard, Vik?"

"She doesn't hate you," I said softly. I knew that her shouting said otherwise, but it was true. "She cares about you. It just hurt her...the fact that you didn't feel the same way."

He clenched his fists, and I noticed his knuckles were bruised and bloody. "I didn't want to feel the same way. Not with her. But..."

I smirked. "You do."

He sighed. "Okay, okay. I've fallen in fucking love with her, so what? It doesn't matter...she could've...died. It would've been over."

"But she didn't," I stated. "It isn't over, so go in there and make things right."

"I can't," He brought a shaking hand up to his head. "I can't. She doesn't want to see me ever again. She won't..."

"JJ," I sighed. "Look, maybe she will lash out. That's all you two ever do when you're around each other. But how will you know unless you grow a pair and tell her how you feel?"

He looked down at the ground, training his eyes on his shoes. He just shook his head and didn't say anything.

"Come on," I put a hand on his shoulder. And he let out a breath.

"Fine. But if she starts cussing me out, I'm moving to France."

With that, he pushed away from me and back into the building. 

Sorry, a VERY short chapter. These next few will be that way...uh...my bad? I feel like the short chapters really make sense to what's happening though, right? Also, I'm going to try and brew up some new ideas for later chapters, but for now the plan is still to end on chapter 20. We'll see. Thanks for the support so far!