Realtor Project

I know I've been MIA, but I'm back!!!

----------------------

Without Mama, I would have been a sopping mess on the tarmac. I held my composure as I watched Dominic take a seat closest to the window. He strapped in, spoke to the flight attendants before turning his head to look at me through the window. He waved slowly as the door to the plan shut, and the crewmen rolled the large staircase away. We were rushed into a private lounge area as the plane began to take off. I blew Dominic a kiss right as his plane began to drive down the tarmac. Soon, his plane soared up into the air, leaving me alone.

Mama and Roberto practically carried me back to the car. My heart feels as if it was torn out of my chest when his plane started to move. The moment he left my arms, I wanted him back. The car ride home was quiet. I cried softly in Mama's arms as she rocked me gently. Her sweet scent brought me back to the times I would get hurt as a child, and she would run straight to me whenever she heard my cries. Papa would be right beside her, kissing my tears away. It feels weird to be here heartbroken, and papa is nowhere to be found. Dominic helped keep all the sad thoughts away, and now that he's gone, they're all rushing back.

We dropped off Mama and Roberto before stopping by the cottage. There was a grey Mercedez parked beside my car when we pulled up to my house. The front porch light was on, and there was light-emitting through the living room curtains. I entered my home and was welcomed by a tall champagne glass filled with a peach bellini filled to the brim and adele playing through the surround sound system. 

My girls sat on my couch sipping on their bellini. They turned to look at me when they heard the front door shut behind me.

"Love, grab your glass and join us on the couch," Juliana screamed out.

I grabbed my glass and sulked my way towards the couch. I plopped down between Juliana and Bambina. 

"How are you feeling?" Bambina asked as she pulled me into her side. I cried instantly.

Juliana rushed to my other side and hugged me tightly. I cried into their shoulders. I knew this day was coming, and it wasn't going to be easy, but I never thought Dominic leaving would cause me physical pain.

My chest feels as if someone was sitting on my chest. Breathing became challenging for me the moment the plane door closed. One inhale of breath feels like a punch to the lungs. Breathing felt...wrong without him. It was weird. There was a time where I hated Dominic. I wanted him gone and far away from me; now I don't I can sleep tonight without him.

"Tereso, don't cry! It's not like you're going to be away from him for long. You can go see him anytime." Juliana reminded.

"I know, but we need this break."

"For what reason, though? He's proved he can change, and you now know that what you two have is real and can be fixed." Bambina question.

"We need to prove to each other that we won't fall back into our old ways. That means me running back to him only because I miss him and forgetting the whole reason why I ran out in the first place. I want my freedom; I need to enjoy it while I can because I know committing to Dominic means giving up my freedom again."

"How long are you planning on staying in Milian?"

"Hopefully for a month, but my minimum is another two weeks. I can barely stop crying, so I'm not sure if I can last a month."