Crocodile Tears

Back again and so close to the finish line!

Unedited

----------

Our trip to Milan was short but sweet, especially now with everything going my way. Finally, my relationship with my papa is repaired and my wedding arrangements are going smoothly. I couldn't be happier than I am in this moment. Of course, the ordeal with Dominic's mother still needs to be dealt with but I have no worries that Dominic will handle it soon.

We arrived back in Genoa in the early morning. Before the sun raised, we were heading off the plane and entering a car to take us home. I was a walking zombie compared to Dominic, who was bouncing between his phone and laptop doing business. As the car pulled up to the house, I couldn't wait to get out and run upstairs to our bed but Dominic stayed back.

"Aren't you coming up with me?" I questioned as I stood beside the opened Passenger door. Usually Dominic was the first one out awaiting by my side but he stayed planted in his seat.

"No I have some business to take care, go to sleep. I should be back when you wake." Dominic spoke, his attention on his laptop screen.

"Okay..." I said wearily. I blew him a kiss before shutting the door.

Instead of heading inside, I stood in the driveway and watched as the car drove off the property. I have no idea where Dominic is going but there was a gut feeling inside that is worried about where Dominic is really going. But, I needed to remember that Dominic is a Mafia Don. He runs his sector and there will be times where he has to lie about where he's going in order to protect me.

As curious and nosy as I am, this is the time I mind my business and continue on.

Dom POV

The driver rushed off the property in haste. My attention was focused on my destination; my parents estate at  the end of the block. My mother made a fool of not only my fiancée but of myself as well. The drive was quick since my parents were practically neighbors. Their estate seemed awfully quiet when we arrived. Usually, my father had a large handful of guards circulating the front and back of their home but it was only a small few who stood guard. Soft Italian music can be heard throughout the field. At least someone is home despite the lack of cars out front. 

I stormed into the home with determination on my mind. My parents staff scattered to different parts of the home as I stomped through the house. Allowing the music be my guide, I found myself heading to the backyard where I could see my mother and a few of her friends sipping champagne on the patio. If it wasn't already apparent, my mother valued appearance over all else. Everything must present themselves as perfect, even if it wasn't. It was beyond irritating growing up with that attribute looming over the famiglia but unfortunately it was expected and appreciated that my mother was like this. She is always willing to do anything to make sure her famiglia's image is perfect. Naturally, seeing my mother outside with her three closest and most judgmental friends acting all perfect, it feels right to kick down the back door with mighty force. Taking a deep breath, I did exactly that. 

My mother and her friends screamed and scattered across the patio due to my outburst. I smiled viciously at the sight before me. My mother's terrified expression quickly turned to anger when she saw me standing at the door. 

"Did I startle you, mother?" I announced viciously.

She ignored me and turned her attention of her friends that were still struggling to pick themselves off the floor. Mother rushed to their side to maintain the little grace she had left. If mother wasn't regretful of her behavior before, she will be when I'm done with her. 

"Oh Dominic, you scared us half to death! What has gotten into you?" Brenda, my mother's oldest friend huffed out as she settled back into her seat.

"Blame this surprise visit on my mother. I had to pay her back for her influence in Milan." 

"Dominic, please! This is not the time or the place for this." Mother hissed at me.

"Oh, are you embarrassed now? It wasn't embarrassing for you to send women to come throw themselves at me in front of my wife but you want to draw the line here? Very fucking interesting." 

"What is he talking about, Vanessa?" Lottie, another long time friend of my mother questioned.

"Ladies, please excuse me. My son and I must speak." My mother pulled me away quickly inside.

She made sure to guide me all the way to the family room by the front entrance. My mother shut and locked the door aggressively before taking a seat on the leather arm chair by the fireplace.

"How fucking dare storm into my home and make such a scene in front of my friends!" My mother hissed softly under her voice. I know the fear of her voice being heard around the house is the only reason she's being semi calm.

"Are you fucking delusional, mother? Not only did you embarrass me and my fucking wife but you embarrassed our famiglia with your fucking antics. Sorry, I couldn't give two shits about embarrassing you in front of your pill popping friends."

"Please, Embarrass the famiglia? All I did was show you that there are better more suitable options for you out there. Options that will better benefit you and our legacy. Instead of you listening to me and actually take the chance to meet those women you decide to disrespect them and their fathers. No one told you to do that."

"Listen fucking carefully mother because this is the last fucking time I will speak to you. I am marrying Alessandra if it's the last fucking thing I do on this earth. I don't care if you accept it or her because it is already happening. You seem to forget where you came from. You weren't first, second, or third pick for my father but he still choose you. You were a last fucking resort in the eyes of my grandparents. Yet, here you stand; holier than thou." I spat viciously at my mother.

My mother's face shattered as she heard the vile words spewing out of my mouth. She didn't know that Nonna told me how her and my father met. Although it was love at first sight, my grandparents did not approve of her. She came from a middle class famiglia with no connections, money or power. My mother could do nothing to benefit the famiglia name and it didn't help how loud and obnoxious she can be at times. Yet, my father stood his ground and chose her. My grandparents had no choice but respect his decisions because my father was never the one to make stupid choices. If he says my mother was perfect then they believed him. It's easy to forget the challenges you faced in life when you've been living in nothing but glamour and riches for most of your life. I had to remind her of her roots.

"I am nothing like Alessandra!" My mother shouted back, not caring if her voice could be heard through the halls.

"No you're not and thank the lord she's nothing like you. From this fucking day mother, you will not step foot on my fucking property. You will not talk to me, Alessandra or anyone one else employed or under me. You will not attend my wedding and best believe you will not show your face anywhere near our events. If I hear you tampered with anything for my wedding, I will make sure the rest of your days will be spent in hell. You overstepped you're fucking boundaries mother. It's time you learn your place."

With those final words, I unlocked the doors and stormed out of my mother's home. The window to the famiglia room could be seen from the front entrance. My mother stayed in the chair but there was a box of tissues sitting on her lap. She can cry her crocodile tears all she wants. She knows what she has done wrong. She has crossed her son and she knows what happens when you cross famiglia.