Week of Freedom

Another chapter in less than 24 hrs. Be happy and enjoy the double update because I might not update for a while.

------------------------------------------------------

1 WEEK LATER

The sun beamed through my window waking me up from my deep slumber. The sun has been a peaceful method of waking up when freedom is at the tip of your fingers. I didn't waste any time in bed. I rose excitedly and skipped towards the bathroom. I've been up bright and early at 7 am for the past week. I didn't want to waste any more time indoors. Mama was downstairs making breakfast. The aroma of croissants and her famous fluffy pancakes seeped through the bathroom from the crack under the door. As I brushed my teeth, the memories of the day I left Genoa filled my head.

-------

Dominic followed me outside as my famiglia was helping the guards fill the car with their luggage. Mama and my grandparents were kind enough to give Dominic a hug and kiss goodbye before getting inside the car. I waited for all the luggage to be packed inside the trunks and for everyone to be inside the car before I said my goodbyes. Dominic looked at me confused before he noticed my luggage being loaded into the car. His stone-cold expression was replaced with sadness for a quick moment before reforming back. He was hurt at the fact that I was already packed. I guess he never noticed.

Once everyone was in the cars, I turned to say goodbye to Dante and Liliana. Despite my time, I will miss these two; especially Liliana. She kept the peace in the house whenever there was chaos and I know with me leaving she will have to deal with the wrath that it Dominic. I didn't know whether to hug Dominic or just leave. He stood straight with his arms crossed tightly against his chest. I don't think he wants a hug from me.

"This is goodbye, I guess. See you later, Dominic." I waved goodbye and turned to get inside the car. Before I can open the door, I felt a hand clasp around my wrist and spin me around. I could barely process what was happening before Dominic pulled me a tight bear hug. His squeeze around my waist was tight and desperate.

"This is not goodbye." He whispered hoarsely into my ear before pushing me away and storming back into the house. I didn't know what to say to that. I gave a final wave to Liliana before getting into the car.

During the ride to the airport to the plane landing in Milan, we were all silent. Everyone saw the intense hug between Dominic and me and considering what has transpired over the last 24 hours, it was best not to talk about anything just yet. Mama held me during the plane and ride and sang lullabies quietly into my ear as she ran her fingers through my hair. Her voice soothed my shaky nerves. Once we landed in Milan, my new life was about to start and that's the only thought running in my head. No Vincenzos looming over me, no parents telling me what to do, and no Dominic holding me back. It was me against the world.

There was a part of me worried about Dominic. He seems like the type to be destructive during stressful moments. So I sent a text to Damon explaining everything and he promised to keep an eye on Dominic while I'm in Milan.

---------------

I've spent my first week back at home. Surprisingly enough, my papa decided to leave on a 'business trip' the day we arrived so I didn't get a chance to see him once we landed. There's a part of me that thinks he's avoiding me. He hasn't once tried to reach out to me since I've been home so today I decided to move into the house we own off the coast. My parents have been renovating the home for years and it's finally finished. It's close to Mama's work and only a 15-minute drive from the house.