Torn

A long-needed break from wattpad is exactly what I needed! Merry Christmas and I hope everyone spent the holidays surrounded by family, loved ones, and friends. Here's my late Christmas gift.

----------------------------------------------

3 months later...

 My life in Milan moved on like it didn't skip a beat. Work, family, going out with friends, exercising repeat. Every day a new adventure. Every day I learned something new about myself. Every moment spent away from the Vincenzo's has been spent finding myself. It got to the point where I started to forget what Dominic looked like. His scent faded from my memories, the sound of his voice, the way he walked were starting to be a blur. He was becoming a distant memory and for some reason, I was okay with that. I did miss him. I missed the happy moments even if they were so minuscule. I missed the potential he saw in me. Yet these things could only be appreciated now that I found myself and learned to love myself. He tried to tell me in his fucked up ways how much potential and power I held in my grasps. I couldn't understand what he meant until I went to discover myself alone. I do hold power and potential. I see such a promise in my future that I've never seen before. I can't repay Dominic enough for allowing me to find myself without his influence. 

--------

My 21st birthday was approaching faster than I anticipated. I've been dreading my birthday for a long time because I knew that once I was 21, I would have to live with Dominic. Now that I'm free... I'm excited to celebrate my birthday. The girls and I have been talking about taking a trip down to New York to celebrate my birthday in the big apple! I've been saving my paycheques so I could do everything that New York has to offer. Although nothing is finalized, I'm meeting up with the girls this weekend to book tickets.

Friday couldn't have come any slower. Work has become more stressful than usual with the new properties that we've obtained and the possible talk of branching outside of Milan. There have been back to back meetings, irritating buyers with annoying and nonstop questions and my boss has been in a mood for the past couple of days. But it was all worth it when the clock struck 5 pm and it was time for me to leave. Instead of heading home, as usual, I decided to stop by my parent's house. My relationship with Papa hasn't changed since I've come home. We completely ignore each other whenever I come by. He usually retires upstairs to his study or disappears randomly. The hurt is still there but I know this decision isn't because of me. He chose this route and he's too stubborn to talk to me. I refuse to make life easier for him. When he's ready to have a conversation he knows where to find me. 

When I arrived at my parent's house, Papa's car wasn't in the driveway but Mama's car was. I could see her through the kitchen window cooking and dancing softly. She loves to dance whenever she was baking and home alone. 

"Mama, I'm here!" I shouted as I walked through the front door.

"In the kitchen!" I followed the soft music towards the kitchen. Mama stood by the oven singing along to some old Italian song. I could smell her freshly baked apple pie from the moment I opened the front door. I gave her a kiss on the cheek before sitting at the island.

"How was work Ally?" Mama asked.

"Good, stressful but good."

"You've been working a lot. I hope you've been saving that money."