CHAPTER 33

The five of them were walking towards Dayton when they heard a scream

The five of them were walking towards Dayton when they heard a scream. They quickly shared a glance before running to check it out.

"Not our world, not our problem. Right?", Gabriel questioned before running after Lizziel and the Winchesters who had already left. They reached the place from where the scream came and found a girl and a man being attacked by some sort of creature. They quickly killed the thing by cutting its head off.

"Dude, it's horrendous", Lizziel said, helping the girl up from the ground.

"Yeah, what the hell was that thing?", Dean asked.

"What do you mean? A vampire", the girl stated, looking at them with disbelief.

"It's not like any vamp we've ever seen", Sam said.

"True, the vamps we see are a little more on the polished side as compared to this", Lizziel said while eyeing the dead vampire.

"Who are you?", the girl asked them.

"I'm Sam", Sam introduced himself before he did the same for the rest, "Uh, Dean, Gabriel, Cas and Lizziel". Lizziel gave a tiny wave.

"We're not from around here", Dean stated before asking, "Tell me, what makes a bloodsucker look like that?".

"Starvation. When Michael's armies started to wipe out the humans, they didn't think about monsters or what happened to em when their food source dried up. Turns out, not eating makes them wild. Nothing but pure, stupid appetite", the guy answered.

"Which way you headed?", the girl asked.

"North", Dean answered.

"To Dayton?", the girl questioned causing Dean to nod, "We were going that way, too. We'd heard the rebels, Jack and Mary, set up a satellite colony there, an outpost".

"Wait, what do you mean you were?", Sam asked, confusion in his eyes.

"Me, Floyd, the rest of our group, we were crossing north through the Morehead Tunnel, stumbled into a whole nest of those things", the girl said, a look of sadness and fear on her face.

"Nine of us went in. Only me and Maggie came out", Floyd told them.

"This tunnel, is it the only way north?", Dean asked.

Maggie answered, "There's a mountain pass, but it's a long way around. Tunnel's the quickest route".

"If the long way, is the safe way...", Gabriel went to say but Lizziel interrupted him, "They are the Winchesters, they don't do both, neither the long way or the safe way".

"We're already two days out from Dayton as it is. We don't have time for a detour. Listen, we've faced worse than a nest of vamps before. Much worse. So, if you still wanna get to Dayton, we'll keep you safe. As far as we're concerned, we're going through that tunnel", Sam said, determination laced in his voice.