The Twins Birthday Party

The twins stumbled into Luke's after the horror show that they call school, Rory looked frustrated while Cory looked upset, though she tried not to show it. Emily had sent invitations to their entire class.

"Wow. Nice faces you got on there." Lorelai said as she followed her twins to table. Cory and Rory removed their backpacks as they sat down. "Coffee." The twins moaned, slumping down into their chairs. "Bad day?" The twins mother asked, yet she still had a smile which the youngest twin narrowed her eyes at.

Rory sighed and looked up at her mother, grabbing her twins hand. Rory had decided to ride the bus home, to give her time to process her thoughts. "I've now used the word 'sucks' so much that it's lost all meaning to me." Rory explained leaning on her sister who held her weight calmly.

"Well maybe this will cheer you up." Lorelai said as she held up three dress bags to her chest her smile widening. "What?" Cory asked tilting her head to the side, her mom was practically dancing in her seat. "You'll see." The blue eyed woman teased the twins who shared a confused look.

The twins watched as she unzipped the bag revealing a bunch of tule. "What is that?" Rory asked at the same time in confusion. "These are our party dresses." Lorelai told the twins who were once gain confused. "So it's a Halloween party?" Cory asked raising an eyebrow at her mother, the dresses were a lot.

"Listen, you two. So I'm shopping today with your grandmother and it's a whole three hours of "Who are you buying that for, Mom? Have you met Rory and Cory?" and then finally I talked and she listened and she wound up getting you guys something I think you're both really going to like." Lorelai explained after pushing the dresses back into the bag, the twins could see the excitement on their mothers face.

"Really?" Rory asked as she forced herself to relax, she looked really happy, and neither Rory or Cory wanted to ruin that, even if they weren't happy about it. "Yes, really. And of course she insisted on buying us these dresses but I think I can do something with them to make them better." The mother said smugly making the twins smile.

"Wow. I've never seen you so cheery after spending time with Grandma." Cory said as she let go of Cory's hand to look at their mother, leaning closer. "Well it's been a long time since we got together and didn't end up fighting. It was refreshing. It wasn't exactly fun but I didn't get that shooting pain in my eye like I usually do." The mother of two said making Cory sigh, she knew Rory wouldn't say anything, because she was happy for her mother.

"Wow. That's great." Cory cooed patting her sister's knee under the table, as Luke brought the girls their coffee. "Oh right, I was wondering if I could invite Jay." The younger twin said looking at her sister who smiled at her younger sister. "It's your birthday as well, of course you can invite him." Rory told her twin which made her smile brightly and hug her neck.

Rory was an older sister, so she was protective. Jay was her first crush, but after seeing how her eyes brightened every time she talked about the boy, she couldn't find it in herself to say no. So he was more than welcome to their party on that the twins Saturday party.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------