Forgiveness And Stuff

"Hey, I thought we were meeting at Luke's." Lane said running up to the twins who were leaning on the railing of the gazebo, coffee to go cups in hand. Cory and Rory shared a confused look. "We were? Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I forgot." Rory rambled as the twins turned towards their best friend, Cory giving the girl an one armed hug while taking a sip of her coffee.

"Let me guess. You and Lorelai haven't made up yet?" Lane assumed raising an eyebrow, Cory grimaced. She never liked when her mother sister fought, she was always caught in the middle, never taking a side, and thankfully they never made her. Rory sent her sister an apologetic look.

"Nope. Things are still miracle worker at my house. God, how did everything get so screwed up?" Rory grumbled as they moved to sit on the bench. "I think you staying out all night with Dean had something to do with it." The Korean girl offered with a frown from her place between the twins. 

"And our grandmother being there to witness it didn't help." Cory continued, Jay staying was a different scenario. Firstly, they were at home with Lorelai and Emily downstairs, and second, Jay left the bedroom door open when he didn't have to. "Never does." Lane said with a sad smile, Cory leaned on the girl tiredly. 

"It sucks. Things were good. School was good, Dean was good. Now my mother and I are barely speaking. Mom and Grandma are barely speaking. Cory and Jay are spending more time apart until everything has calmed down. Dean's new name is 'Narcolepsy boy." Rory ranted, Cory sent her older twin a shocked look. She didn't know that Rory had noticed.

Cory and Jay had sat down and agreed that the youngest Gilmore should focus on her family before they started on their weekly dates again and he would deal with Tristan and his performance at the dance. 

"How's he taking it?" Cory asked as Lane took off her ear muffs. "I don't know. I haven't talked to him since it happened." Rory said looking down making Cory choke on her coffee in shock. "That was four days ago." Lane said just as shocked as the shortest Gilmore. "I know." Rory said with a grimace on her face.

"Has he called?" The younger twin asked, multiple thought running threw her head. "I told him not to." Rory countered, Lane and Cory furrowed their eyebrows. "And he listened?" Lane asked in disbelief. "No." The older twin responded with a smile causing both Lane and Cory to smile at each other. "Good boy." Lane and Cory said at the same time making all three giggle.

After a discussion about the meaning behind gifts, the three girls went their own ways.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I wish you'd change your mind." Rory said from the kitchen where she was putting the final touches on the gifts to her grandparents. Cory came downstairs holding her gifts in hand. "It's not my mind that needs to be changed." Lorelai protested from the couch where she was watching TV. 

"I don't think she meant it." Cory offered with a soft smile, she was ready for this familial war to be over already, Lorelai smiled back at her youngest. "Oh she meant it." The mother of two said making both of her daughters sigh. "I'll run these out to the car." The youngest Gilmore said slowly taking the gifts from her sister, after putting on her jacket, and heading out to Cookie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hi, grandma." Rory greeted for both of them, seeing as Cory was focused on the boxes in her arms. "Twins, come in. You two look lovely." Emily ushered them in, Cory broke her gaze from the boxes to kiss her grandmothers cheek. "The one on the bottom is from mom and I and the one on top is from Cory." Rory explained as they walked into the living room.

"Well aren't you two thoughtful? I'll just put them under the tree." Emily said taking the gifts so the Cory could take off her jacket. "I'm gonna make some rounds." Cory mumbled when she saw the determined fire in her sisters eyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The twins sat on either side of their grandfather at the dinner table. "Grandpa, you okay?" Cory whispered in concern noticing how he kept shifting in his seat. "Of course sweetheart." Richard whispered patting his youngest granddaughters hand, Cory nodded hesitatingly listening to the conversation while also keeping an eye on her grandpa.

"I'll check on him." Cory said setting her napkin on the table, smiling at her grandma as she settled back into her seat, only to shoot up when she heard her granddaughter's heartbreaking scream.

"GRANDPA!!!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cory paced the waiting room after greeting her mother and Luke. They had finally let grandma back, and she hasn't been back. "It was horrible." Rory whispered watching her twin. "Cory was the one that found him, and her scream. I've never seen or heard her so scared before, and I never want to again." She continued hugging her mother tightly.

"Here's what we're gonna do...."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Cory!" 

The short brunette spun around to see Jay, in cheesy Christmas PJ's, standing there with a coffee cup and a duffle bag over his shoulder. "Jay? What are you doing here?" Cory questioned in confusion, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Lorelai called and said your grandfather was in the hospital. I wasn't sure what you needed. I couldn't go wrong with that so I stopped and got some. Grabbed you one of my hoodies and a blanket. King tried to come when he heard your name, but settled for making me bring his teddy instead. I grabbed some snacks as well and..."

He was cut off when Cory grabbed his collar and pulled him down to kiss him. "Thank you." The youngest Gilmore said with watery eyes. "Of course." Jay responded kissing her softly before leading her to one of the chairs to sit s he began emptying the bag for her.

Jay stayed with her until Lorelai and Luke forced them both home.