Kiss and Tell

Cory walked between her twin and mother, smiling at all of the decorations around town. Fall has come which means that thanksgiving and Halloween were right around the corner, which means sweet treat season. 

Cory had a lot to do this year. She had to do a lot of baking to do this year, three different events to bake for. The Autumn Festival bake sale, the Chilton dance team charity event, and finally the soup kitchen she goes to regularly.  Thankfully Jay had offered to help her out. 

"One of us has to do laundry tonight." Lorelai said as the three of them walked towards Luke's. "Why?" Rory  asked the twins mother, her hands tucked away in her pockets. "Because I haven't had any clean underwear for three days." Lorelai told her daughters making Cory's eyes widen in shock.

"So right now under your skirt you're wearing...?" Cory trailed off making her twin glance at their mother. "Not underwear." The twins mother said making both girls eyes widen. "It's kinda nice, actually -- breezy." Lorelai teased her daughters making Cory roll her eyes. "Our role model, ladies and gentlemen." Rory said waving a hand at her mother with a sarcastic smile.

"How come you two haven't run out yet?" Lorelai asked, the twins shared a nervous look that their mother didn't notice. "I don't know. I guess we have more underwear than you." Rory said with a shrug, Cory quietly sighed, silently wishing her mother didn't catch it. "That's not true. You have less. Have one of you been doing laundry without me?" Their mother questioned making Cory's eyes widen dramatically. 

"No." The brown eyed girl shot down quickly, she told Rory to throw in some of her mothers clothes in the load. "Cory." Lorelai said with a scolding tone. "OK, one load." Rory defended herself and her twin. "And you didn't even ask if I had stuff to throw in?" The mother of two asked in disbelief, Cory looked down with a pout. "I tried." The shortest offered, looking up at her mother. Lorelai pulled her youngest into a side hug, placing a kiss to the top of her head.

"That's my baby." Lorelai cooed making Cory beam happily.  "It was a big load. There wasn't any room." Rory stated, Cory decided to stop helping either of them and think about what to make while also listening to the conversation.

"I'm crushed. I'm bleeding. Get me a tourniquet. Oh, no, they're dirty 'cause Rory wouldn't wash them with her stuff." Cory giggled at her mothers dramatics, ooh red velvet cake cookies. "I'm sorry. I'll do another load tonight, I promise."  Rory conceded to their mother with a sigh. "Never mind. I'll do my own laundry." Lorelai pouted like a child who had her favorite toy taken away.

"Fine. Even better." The oldest twin commented, Cory checked her watch cursing quietly. "Hey, I have to get to the store if I want everything I need for everything." Cory said giving her twin and mother apologetic looks who smiled at her. "Go on. We'll see you soon." Lorelai said nodding ahead of her, Rory leaned down and kissed her head. The short brunette smiled before beginning her jog.

"Hey!" Cory turned to her mom and sister, jogging in place, not wanting to lose her momentum. "We love you."

"I love you guys too."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you sure you don't want me to drive you home?" Cory asked, but Rory could see the hope that she would say no that her twin desperately tried to hide. "I'm fine with riding the bus. Beside, you have a lot of baking to do." The blue eyed twin promised, watching her twin calm down.  The younger twin stood on her toes to kiss Rory on the cheek before skipping over to her car where Jay was waiting for her. They both gave Rory one last wave before they got into the car.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------