The Twins First Day at Chilton

Cory sat in front of the headmaster after Rory left the room, Charleston insisted that they go by themselves, but he promised they could walk together after.

"You're obviously a bright girl, Miss. Gilmore." The Headmaster told the younger twin who smiled at him. "Thank you."

"Good grades, the teachers like you. Member of the art club, music club, creative writing club,  culinary club and dance team." Charleston said as he looked over the girls transcript. "I have a lot of passions." Cory explained pushing a strand of hair behind her ear. 

"You kept busy, how did you have time for your studies?" The man asked the girl who smiled softly. "I was born with a photographic memory, but that doesn't mean I take time to reread something. Even if I can remember everything, it never hurts to refresh on something. I take thirty minutes before bed every night to read the upcoming lesson so that I'm ready." The brown eyed girl explained shocking the man even if he didn't show it.

"Well what do you do when you don't have clubs?" The grey haired man said, leaning back in his chair. "I work under the two chefs that we have in our town, Lucas Danes and Sookie St. James. On weekends I volunteer as a big sister at the Hartford location." Cory said with a wide smile, she loved learning new things from her mentors and being a mentor even more.

"What are your aspirations?" The headmaster asked the young girl who bit her lip. Cory had anticipated this question, but that didn't make it any easier.  "I love a lot of things, and I could never give up my passions." The short teen began before sighing and running a hand through her hair.

"But the world of culinary arts was my first love. Yale and Chilton will help me continue that love." For the first time since they began talking, Charleston saw a fire in the girls eyes that no one could put out. "On your way to being. . ."

Cory blinked in confusion, tilting her head to the side. "What do you mean?" Charleston cleared his throat, no student has asked that before. "Who do you want to be?" The man rephrased the question making the teen frown."Oh, I want to be myself."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The twins were standing in the office, waiting for their paperwork.

"Here's the dining room, the science hall, and the theater. Here's your locker number, here's your schedule, take this map. Here's the rules of the school and the Chilton Honor Code. Here are the words to the school song, which must be recited upon demand. This can happen any place, any time. If you do it in Latin you get extra credit. Do you have any questions?" Miss. James told the twins who watched in silence.

"Uh, not at the moment." Cory said looking over the school song to memorize it, now thankful for the other languages she took time to learn.

"If you do, you can make an appointment to see your guidance counselor, Mr. Winters. He handles everything but bulimia and pregnancy. For that, you'll have to go to the nurse or Coach Rubens. Welcome to Chilton." The woman said with a tense smile making Cory flinch on the inside.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The twins were thankful that they had some classes together, now they wouldn't be alone. Cory was barely listening, only enough that the information got to her head as she worked on a sketch of the gazebo that stood in the middle of Stars Hollow.

Feeling a tap on her shoulder she glanced at the blonde behind her. "Hi Mary." The boy whispered making her smirk. "How sweet, you spend your free time reading the bible. Good on you Luci." Cory shot back making the black haired boy choke on his spit.