fourteen. für elise

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐫𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐳𝐞

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐫𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐳𝐞

𝚏ü𝚛 𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚎

╚═══════════════╝

╚═══════════════╝

H E R

It wasn't long before the cumulonimbus clouds wrung themselves out and left us almost completely soaked. We made camp at the first form of shelter we could find, an abandoned cabin down a dirt road. It had to have been some rich folks weekend hiking lodge where they'd come down and enjoy the wilderness.

The cabin was strangely Walker-less yet Michonne and Rick insisted on searching the perimeter 'just in case' as the rain began to calm and Daryl left with his cross bow and hardly any words but I'm assuming it was to hunt.

That left Carl and I alone in the threshold. He didn't even glance at me before taking the stairs two at a time.

After the short period of time he had let himself be held the other night, he had made it clear that he wanted space, silence.

I figured it was best to leave him be, I had bothered him enough as it is. So after searching the stocked up bookshelf, I settled on the couch with To Kill A Mockingbird.

I was barely three pages in before the Janssen piano caught my attention. After taking a quick glance around and then realizing nobody was in the general area of the great room, I dog-earred the book and set it aside.

I took quiet steps towards the piano, I figured it'd been awhile but years of practice were woven into the crevasses of my memory. I pulled out the bench and took a seat.

The music set across the top of the piano wasn't familiar to me so I figured that I might as well play whatever I'd like. The walls seemed pretty sound proof so I doubted it would attract Walkers and such.

I ran my fingers across the dusty keys, a flood of memories washing over me like high-tide and I found myself smiling for the first time in what felt like years.