i miss yall! (bonus imagine)

Hi friends!! It's been so long since I've added to this story and if you still have it saved to your library, I want to say thank you.

Thank you to everyone who has left comments. Thank you to those who have voted on the chapters. And thank you to the 592K people who have taken the time to read any part of this story! I never thought it would get this many reads and it brings me so much joy knowing so many people enjoyed reading it! 

While we wait for Season 4 to come out I wanted to post a little imagine with Steve about dealing with anxiety. I know a lot of people have been struggling with everything that has been going on with the Pandemic and their own troubles and I wanted to try to cheer some people up if I could🤍 sending so much love to each and every one of you! 
- Em🦋

Warning: this imagine contains topics such as talk about the Pandemic, anxiety attacks and medication. Please do not read this if you're uncomfortable with these topics! Pls remember that you are extremely loved and you are never alone in anything you go through ❤

The walls felt as if they were slowly closing in on you as you pulled your knees to your chest; you were in your own bedroom, how could a safe haven feel like a personal hell? How did 2 weeks in quarantine turn into 4 months? Ever since the COVID-19 virus hit the states, everything began to shut down. Everyone believed when they said it would only be for 2 weeks, everyone had hope that this would pass. Yet here we are.

The colors of your bedroom wall have become bland. You can't spend more than 5 minutes with your family before they begin to stress you out. You couldn't just go out and visit your friends like you used to. You slowly felt as if you were going insane.

But through the hectic mess that is the Pandemic, you had your boyfriend Steve Harrington right there for you. The second it was announced everything would be shut down, he immediately called you to ask how you were doing. Every night since then he would facetime you, knowing his voice would ease your nerves.

Steve was your neighbor since you two were in diapers, becoming his best friend after he asked you if you would like to go to the local playground to go collect bugs for his insect tank. He was always there for you no matter what the issue was, whether it be a boy who broke your heart, your parents arguing, hell even if you had cramps he would be over in a minute with snacks and medicine for the pain.

Steve knew you more than you knew yourself; he knew when you were stressed, he knew when you haven't eaten, he knew if you needed to leave a situation, he always knew if you didn't take your medication. He always tried to stay on top of you with your medication for your anxiety.

He was the reason you were still alive and functioning, the reason you were still smiling even with everything you were facing. He was there right by your side holding your hand when you went to your first therapy session. He was there for you when you had your first panic attack. Steve was the ray of sunshine in the tunnel of darkness that suffocated you.

Your head was pounding as you rushed yourself into the bathroom in your room, begging to be anywhere except where your family was. You sat in the bathtub, knees pulled up to your chest as you rested your head on your arms. You rocked back and forth softly trying to catch your breath. You missed Steve, you missed seeing the kids, you missed Robin. Hell, you even missed some of the families of the kids. You just needed to be with someone else.