chapter 18

"Eleven?" Mike asked in disbelief. "Mike." Eleven gasped as they embraced each other. Julia cupped her hands over her mouth as an attempt not to let her cries out. Steve went behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, nuzzling his chin on her shoulder.

"I never gave up on you. I called you every night for-" "353 days. I heard." "Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?"

"Because I wouldn't let her." Everyone turned to Hopper on shock that he knew that El was alive. Mike walked back as he stared at the back of Hoppers head.

"The hell is this? Where have you been?" "Where have you been?" He pulled her into a hug, giving her a kiss on the head.

"You've been hiding her. You've been hiding her this whole time!" Mike pushed Hoppers back. Jim grabbed Mike's arm, "let's talk. Alone." The two walked away, leaving El.

Dustin and Lucas ran to her, both of them giving her a hug. "We missed you." "I missed you too." "We talked about you pretty much everyday." Dustin smiled at her. She jammed her thumb into his mouth, wiping them across the top row of his teeth.

"Teeth." "What?" "You have teeth." Julia chucked as she wiped her nose, Steve used his thumb to swipe away a tear that escaped her eye. "Oh you like these pearls?" He purred at his friend, Julia shook her head quietly laughing.

"Eleven?" Max asked. She walked up to her, "hey. Um, I'm Max," she held her hand out. "I've heard a lot about you." Eleven looked at the red head before walking to Joyce.

Julia wiggled from Steve's grasp and put a hand on Max's shoulder. "Don't worry, she's not the type to immediately open up and welcome new people in. She'll get warmed up to you soon." Max kept a straight face before nodding.

El finally turned to Julia, she sped walked across the room, almost tackling her to the ground with the hug. "I've missed you so much El." Julia mumbled, her grip tightening a bit on the girl. "I've missed you more."

Julia pulled back, she reached across the table and pulled a tissue out of the box. She folded it up before gently wiping away the drop of blood that was still there.

Elevens eyes flickered from Julia, to Steve who was giving her an adoring look. "Finally?" She asked the older girl. Julia chucked quietly and turned to look at Steve, "finally." El smiled at the two, turning to talk to Joyce.

Steve smiled at Julia, his hand locking with hers and pulling her to his chest. "It amazes me how good you are with them." Steve pressed his forehead against hers, they remained like that for a second before Julia closed the gap.

Their lips found each others half way, both of them smiling into the kiss. Dustin cleared his throat, the two pulled away and followed the line of kids to Wills room.

"Do you think if we got you back there, that you could close it?"
______________________________

"It's grown. A lot. And I mean, that's considering we can get in there. That place is crawling with those dogs." "Demo-dogs." Julia thumped her brother on the back of the head, knocking his hat off.

"I can do it." El took a deep breath. "You're not hearing me." "I'm hearing you. I can do it." El reassured him. "Even if El can there's still another problem. If the brain dies, then the body dies."