chapter 19

"He can't know I'm here. He'll kill me. He'll kill us." She frantically spoke to Lucas.

Julia and Steve looked at each other before taking deep breaths. Steve walked out of the house first. Julia pushed her hair out of her face. "Stay out of line of sight. Don't look out the window. We can't let him see you." She spoke directly to Max.

"Am I dreaming, or is that you, Harrington?" Billy Hargrove smirked as he smoke escaped his mouth after he smoked his cigarette.

"Yeah, it's me. Don't cream your pants." Steve sassed, placing his hands on his hips. Julia walked out behind him, quickly shutting the door.

"I wish I was having a dream about ms. Henderson over here. The things I would do to you." He ripped off his jacket, licking his lower lip as he eyed the uncomfortable girl. Steve's fists balled up as he stood in front of her.

"What are you doing here amigo?" Billy asked as he walked up. "We could as you the same thing." Steve held onto Julia's hand as Billy moved his gaze back to her.

"Looking for my stepsister. A little birdie told me she was here." "Huh, that's weird. I don't know her, do you Jules?" Steve looked down at her.

"Nope, I don't know her either." Julia sucked on her teeth as she tried to show she was uninterested at the subject.

"Small? Red head? Bit of a bitch." Billy mumbled as the cigarette dangled from his mouth. Julia bit her tongue as she held back every word she wanted to say.

"Doesn't ring a bell. Sorry buddy." Billy took a deep breath, "you know, I don't know, this whole situation, I don't know. It's giving me the heebie-jeebies."

"Oh really? Why's that?" Julia asked as she rolled her eyes, annoyed that he hasn't left yet. "My 13 year old sister goes missing all day. And then I find her with you two in a stranger's house. And you both lie to me about it." Julia jaw clenched shut.

Steve chuckled, "man, were you dropped too much as a child, or what?" Billy puffed a breath of air out, continuing to eye Julia's body. He dragged his tongue across his lips, which was a continuous action when he was around her.

Steve wrapped his arm around Julia's waist, pulling her closer to him, and pushing her behind a little bit. "I don't know what you don't understand about what I just said. She's not here."

"Then who's that?" Julia's hand balled up into a fist. 'Don't look out the windows' was the one thing she told them. Steve and Julia turned around to see Mike, Lucas, Dustin and Max huddled together at the living room window.

They quickly hid as Julia bit her tongue. "God damn it." "Oh shit. Listen-" Billy didn't let Steve finish his sentence, instead he harshly pushed him down to the ground.

Julia quickly ran inside, "I told you stay away from the windows!" Julia yelled at the kids as she protectively put her arms out in front of the group of kids.

Billy entered the house, his gaze switching from Max to Lucas. "Well, well, well." "Billy. Just go." Julia tried to reason with him.

"Shut the fuck up." His voice was low and raspy, his anger was crystal clear. "Don't talk to her like that you bitch." Dustin defended his sister. Billy finally fixed his gaze on Julia's little brother.

He walked towards the huddled group, but Julia forcefully pushed him away. He stumbled backwards, a menacing chuckle slipped his lips. With one quick movement, his right hand connected with Julia's left cheek.

The group of kids winched as she let out a cry. He towered over his step sister, "you disobeyed me. And you know what happens when you disobey me. I break things."

He picked Lucas up by his jacket collar, pushing him against a wall. Mike, Max and Dustin yelled out repetitions of "Billy stop!" Julia saw Steve run into the house, she nodded towards the kitchen.

"You are so dead, Sinclair! You're dead." Billy groaned in pain after Lucas kneed him in his area. Steve pushed Billy back. "No. You are." Steve threw a punch at Billy, knocking him sideways.

Billy let out a laugh that sounded like he was having the time of his life. Julia watched as the group of kids hug their best friend. Julia stood in front of the kids again as she watched everything go down.

"Looks like you got some fire in you after all, huh? What did it take me eyeing your little girlfriend down to light it? It took slapping her for getting in my way? I've been waiting to meet this King Steve everybody's been telling me so much about."

Steve was furious, not only about the way he spoke about Julia but the way he physically could've injured Lucas. "Get out." Billy threw a punch that Steve ducked under just in time.

He got back up, swinging his fist to the side of Billys face. The boys let out grunts as Dustin and Mike cheered Steve on. "Yes! Kick his ass Steve!" "Get him!"

Steve punched Billy, pushing him against the kitchen sink. "Steve! He has a plate!" Steve didn't process her words until Billy smashed a ceramic plate over her head.

"Holy shit." Julia covered her mouth. Billy attempted to throw another punch, but he missed and hit the wall. Billy grabbed Steve by his arms. "No one tells me what go do!"

He headbutted Steve, making him fall to the floor. Billy sat on top of Steve's chest, throwing continuous punches to his face. "Stop! You're gonna kill him!" Julia ran behind Hargrove, forcefully kicking the side of his face.

He stood up to face her, blood dripping down his nose and into his mouth. "Big mistake princess." He charged at her, tackling her onto the living room table, causing it to collapse underneath them. "Julia!"the kids shouted in unison as Billy continued to beat the living hell out of Steve.

Julia felt a guest of wind knocked out of her, her whole body ached in pain. She tried to get up, but the noticed the ceiling was spinning. Dustin and Mike ran over to the girl, her nose bleeding, scratches ran along her arms and legs.

She laid there, her ears ringing as she closed her eyes. "Come on, we gotta get them up." Mike and Dustin grabbed Julia's hand, lifting her up to her feet. It took a moment but she regained her normal sight and hearing, but her body still ached.

She saw a passed out Billy and a bloodied Steve laying not to far from him. She whimpered as she crouched down next to him.

Carefully moving his hair away from his face, she saw all the injuries Billy caused him. Running her fingers through his hair, she gently bent over and gave him forehead a kiss.

"We're gonna make it."

A/N
How has this gotten over 1k reads already?? I was #6 in Steve Harrington fanfiction for more than a week and I'm so happy ❤ I really hope you guys are enjoying this story!