chapter 39

3 months later

Julia had begun to get dark circles under her eyes from lack of sleep, she had been going to therapy to try to cope with the nightmares. She had been getting better, steve and the girl had always been helping each other and the kids out when they needed it.

Julia called the Byers every week to catch up with them. She would spend hours on the phone with El as they listened to music. The younger girl had taken Julia's advice with the journal and sent doodles and letters to everyone. El had been practicing her speech with her over the phone, accidently cursing when she mispronounced something. Julia immediately asked who taught her the word 'shit'. That was a conversation with Johnathan Byers that lasted an hour.

Will and Jonathan would call her whenever a new scifi or horror movie came out to discuss the details. The two boys had saved up money to buy the girl a new camera and mailed it to her as an early birthday present, a Polaroid of the family was also thrown in there. Joyce would call her to check in on Julia's mental health, and Julia would try to help health the mothers mental wounds as well.

Max had spend a good amount of time with the girl as well, due to the fact that at times she needed a sibling figure to open up to. Julia would always go straight to her house whenever Max called. Julia spent time brushing the girls hair and also helping her cope with nightmares as well.

Mike and Lucas would talk to her when they needed advice about girls. Lucas would come to her confused about things Max was saying or he wouldn't know how to comfort her when she missed Billy. Mike would ask for hugs when he was missing El. He would shyly talk to her for a bit before opening up about how he was dealing with the distance.

Dustin admired his sister for maintaining her life together with everything that had been going on. He would also go to her for advice for Suzie, only after secretly going to Steve for advice first. He had been spending more time with her, afraid that he could lose her at any time.

Robin and Julia had spent time together in and out of work at the 'Family Video'. They spent time driving around listening to music, going to parks. Julia would point out girls who seemed interested in Robin. Their friendship had gotten to an amazing level where they trusted each other with everything.

_______________________

Julia snuggled into Steve's side as their eyes were trained on Steve's TV. The couple was watching the new movie, 'The Breakfast Club' since the two had not been able to sleep.

Steve traced mindless shapes onto her shoulder as he lovingly looked down at her. His eyes caught the glint of the promise ring around her finger, his mouth gleaming at it. He pressed a kiss to her head as she melted into his touch. "God I am so in love with you Julia Henderson." He mumbled into her hair, inhaling the scent of her lavender shampoo.

"And I am so in love with you Steve Harrington." Julia looked up at him, her eyes dilating as she smiled brightly at him. Steve tipped his head down and pressed a kiss to her lips.

She immediately responded to his action, her hand coming up and cupping his cheek. Steve lightly pulled her up from her position and shifted her onto his lap.

Steve held her waist as she wrapped her arms around his neck. She slid her hand down his chest as he fiddled with the hem of her shirt.

Things were getting heated before Steve pulled away. He looked at her as they both chuckled to themselves, resting their foreheads against each others.

Julia gripped onto her shirt before taking it off. Steve's eyes widened, suddenly getting shy. Julia noticed this before pressing a reassuring kiss to his lips.

"Are you sure?" Steve asked as Julia wrapped her arms back around his neck.

"Absolutely."

A/n
I had to update I miss you guys😭