Chapter 1: The Dream

CHAPTER 1: THE DREAM

It was a really dark night and Sam was lost in the middle of a dark forest. Sam was a boy, about thirteen years old and a blonde. He had no freckles on his face. He had a very strong personality. Sam had been following a strange low pitched voice calling his name and now he realized he was lost. Then all of a sudden, there was a loud pop and smoke covered the entire forest. When the smoke had cleared, Sam saw an old man who was hunched over. He had a dark hollow look in his eyes with an evil frown. He looked at Sam and began to laugh loudly. This laugh sent a shiver down Sam's spine for it was like the hiss of a poisonous snake. The man opened his mouth and shouted a string of curious words and then he began to chant,

"Oh great Tarantella

My evil mistress

For so long a time

We have waited for this night

Oh Tarantella arise

Arise and take revenge

On the last of the family

Who burned you on the stake".

Then there was a huge green flame and out of the flame stood a tall shadow. Sam was paralyzed with fear. He tried to run but he just stood stiff watching the face of a thin tall old woman. Her eyes were glowing red and there was an evil curl at the sides of her lips.

"Ha!" scorned the woman whose name appeared to be Tarantella. "Finally I have risen and I shall have my revenge on all the Anderson Family" she said.

When Sam heard those words, his senses came back to normal and he began to run but the Witch cried.

"Don't you want to see your sister and friend again? Don't you want to see your cousin George again?" she said.

Suddenly Sam stopped running.

"What have you done to them?!" Sam shouted.

"Oh what a temper" the Witch said in a hoarse voice. "I wouldn't say that to an evil witch such as myself if I were you".

She stretched her cloak and Sam, Tarantella and Carlane the Witch's assistant disappeared. When they reappeared, Sam realized that they were in a cemetery. Sam heard his family's voices calling him. He looked towards the direction the voices came from and saw his family tied to a stake. Carlane was about to burn them up. Tarantella cackled at Sam.

"Sorry my boy but you all have to pay for what you did to me" Tarantella said.

"I'm not your boy and I'm not afraid of you!" Sam yelled in anger.

"Well, you are really brave but we shall soon see if you're really a coward" she said.

Tarantella stretched her hands and chanted.

Suddenly, snakes appeared everywhere. Tarantella ordered them to destroy Sam. They began to slither towards Sam. Sam climbed one of the Tombstones. When Tarantella saw that the snakes could not reach Sam, she shouted

"You little pest! Get down immediately!"

She stretched her arms and out came a stream of fire but luckily Sam was wearing a Rosary. The Rosary reflected the Fire and suddenly, a bright white light surrounded the place and in the heart of the light was the reflection of a man who was shining brightly. The man had silky hair and a long beard. He wore a crown and in his hand was a staff which seemed to be made of pure gold and real diamonds. He wore a long white cloak. The man seemed to be a ghost but his appearance was very glorious. He seemed more like a god to Sam. The man spoke to Sam in a very kind and gentle voice.

"Sam, I am the Lord Of Light and I am always here to protect you in your darkest hour but only if you don't despair. I am here to warn you Sam, your family is in grave danger right at this moment and even the World is in danger and you and your friends are the only ones that can stop them. Search yourself Sam for who you truly are. Tarantella has risen again and is now desperate to destroy you. Fight Sam. Fight for your Family but most of all fight for the World. For the first time, Sam began to see himself on top of the World and suddenly, his hope disappeared.

Sam stood alone in the graveyard. He was still thinking of what the Lord Of Light (His Hope) had said to him when he heard an evil cackle and suddenly, there was a puff of smoke and Tarantella reappeared along with Carlane the evil wizard.

"Did you really think that I would leave you without you coming to a knowledge of the fate of the world? Once you are out of the way, it will be easy for me to destroy the other members of your family and rule the world" Tarantella said.

Her face seemed to shrivel and turned into that of a skeleton and then she screamed. The whole forest seemed to tremble and the Lord Of Darkness appeared. Then suddenly, the tombstones cracked and out came zombies. Tarantella ordered them to get Sam.

Sam was surrounded. He had to think really fast. And then all of a sudden, John, George and Lucy were hypnotized and began to walk towards Sam.