Chapter 11: The Evil Night

CHAPTER 11: THE EVIL NIGHT

Sam began to fly upwards at top speed. The next thing he saw were the Gates Of Heaven. The next thing he knew he was once again in God's presence. There in Heaven, Sam bowed before God and God asked him why he had come. Of course God already knew why Sam had come but he wanted Sam to know why he had come.

"Almighty Father, I have come before you because all my relatives and everyone in the world has been captured by Tarantella and the Dark Lord. I want to know they can be stopped now that I don't have my sister and cousins to back me up" Sam said.

"Have faith Sam, without faith, you are powerless. I can see your worries and I will tell you how to stop them but you can't stop them alone" God said.

"How then will I stop them?" Sam asked impatiently.

"Use my Son's gift to mankind" God answered.

"What's that?" Sam asked.

"You must find out the answer for yourself" God answered.

Suddenly, Sam felt himself fall into a deep black pit. When he finally landed, he saw a light ahead and followed it. When Sam entered the light, there was a moment of darkness and he opened his eyes. He found himself in a cage hanging over a deep abyss. The only source of light were the torches hanging on the walls. Sam was scared and very sad. He began to think about what God had told him and it was then that Sam fell asleep. When he awoke it was about 2:00am and he saw his relatives including his parents, uncles and aunties. He tried to shout to them but they couldn't hear him. They seemed to be under a spell. It was then that Sam noticed that the ropes holding his cage began to tear! Sam had to think fast. He tried to open the cage with his powers but it seemed to have a spell cast on it which absorbed his powers. Suddenly, it hit Sam, Jesus died on the cross to save mankind. Jesus' gift to the world was the cross. Sam remembered the crucifix given to him by Peter Anderson, his great grandfather. Sam quickly removed it from around his neck. He noticed that it was glowing bright gold. Then something strange happened. The ropes stopped tearing and the cage opened mysteriously. The crucifix took Sam to a dark courtyard which seemed to be a cemetery outside the Castle. Sam noticed that it looked exactly like the one he saw in his dream.

Sam gasped in horror when he saw what stood before him. His family was tied to the stake and Tarantella was just about to burn them up just like in his dream. Somehow Sam knew what was coming and felt scared. He observed that it was now 2:00pm.

"Sorry my boy but you all have to pay for what you did to me" Tarantella cackled.

"I'm not your boy!" Sam shouted as he did in his dream.

"Well you are really brave but we shall soon see if you are really a coward!" Tarantella cackled.

She stretched her arms and chanted but Sam knew what was coming and stood on a tombstone. The Dark Lord laughed so much his hood nearly fell down. Sam couldn't guess why.

"I hope you don't mind but we decided to skip the 'snakes' part" and they, the Dark Lord and Tarantella, both burst out laughing but Sam's face was twisted in horror because he knew what was coming.

The tombstones cracked and Sam had to jump down to avoid falling down. One by one, zombies rose from their graves and these included the dead demons. Sam's relatives who were hypnotized joined them and began walking towards Sam except for those tied to the stake. By that time it was 2:45 pm.

Sam began to think.

"I can't hurt my own relatives. I guess this is the part where I wake up!" Sam said and pinched himself hoping he was still dreaming.

"Face it Sim Anderson" laughed Tarantella mockingly.

"This isn't a dream" Sam said.

He recalled the crucifix Peter Anderson had given him, he removed it around his neck and raised it up. This made Tarantella and the Dark Lord laugh more.

"This isn't a movie you silly boy. Face it, you lose" Tarantella said as she stretched her arms and began to chant. "Time to die and this time it will be extra easy for me to finish you because your god has left you" the Dark Lord said.

"Maybe but you forgot one huge detail" Sam said.

"And what is this hu-u-u-u-uge detail" Tarantella teased.

"The God I serve is real...and I never lose!" Sam said as he threw the crucifix into the air just as the fire zoomed out of Tarantella's finger-tips.

Sam also stretched his arms and a golden light zoomed from his finger-tips but not towards Tarantella. It zoomed towards the crucifix. Just as the fire was about to touch Sam, Sam with the speed of lightning (and this isn't a figure of speech, I'm serious) removed his primo wallet from his pocket and opened it. Fortunately it had a mirror. Sam threw it towards the fire. Tarantella's fire hit the mirror and was reflected back to her but she jumped aside just as it was about to hit her. Meanwhile, the light from Sam's finger tips had also hit the crucifix and a wonderful transformation began to take place. The crucifix turned the gold light from Sam's fingertips into white light and the crucifix itself began to increase in size till it became the size of the cross Jesus was crucified on. The light extended to the Heavens and Jesus came down from Heaven. When Tarantella and the Dark Lord saw him, they began to shiver in fear.

Jesus said to Sam.

"I'm proud of you Samuel Anderson. You were faithful to me even through times of trouble".

He then said to Tarantella and the Dark Lord.

"The time has come for you to receive your punishment" and just as he finished speaking, the ground opened up and devoured both the Dark Lord and Tarantella.

They fell into the sulphur and fire that never goes out and is far below the earth along with the zombies and demons.

"Enjoy your trip" Sam waved to them as they disappeared.

Then Tarantella's spell was lifted and the place became bright and colour returned to the once dark world. Then Sam realized that they were actually on Earth. All of humanity was free from Tarantella's evil curse.