Chapter 10: Reveal Day

Sorry for not posting as often. I have the most crammed calendar in history (probably) so I can't really update consistently. Sorry for everything readers.

You've been waiting for this, let's get this started already! 

Today was the day that Ash would show himself to the world. They were discussing how to reveal themselves in the following rounds.

Red (Ash) had decided to chat with Goodshow that instead of being referred to as Ash, they would have a proper introduction. After all, he IS the Champion of the NYC league.

Ash called Goodshow, and he answered back relatively quick.

Charles: Ah, Red! How are you doing? Y'know that you have to reveal yourself before the fight, do you?

Red: Yes, could you give a speech before announcing my name?

Charles: Consider it done

Red: Thanks, bud.

Red hung up and decided to eat breakfast. Not everyone was awake. Venoct, Max, and Bonnie were, but Lillie wasn't.

Red: Wake up, love. Today is the day that I will reveal myself.

Lillie: Don't wanna~

Red gave her a peck on the cheek to wake her up.

After a while, all of them were ready to go out. Besides the fact that Ash was ecstatic and incredibly worried about what might happen next, he reassured himself as he headed towards the center. He decided to see what was going to happen.

When they were in the cafeteria, the matchups were shown on the big screen. This time, Ash was more than confident that he would absolutely demolish his opponent.

Red VS Dawn

Dawn usually only used contest strategies, and that didn't work out in actual battles. He went to the battlefield with his hood up and ready to drop it when the time was right.

Both trainers went to the battlefield, ready to fight. Charles Goodshow appeared on the screen, much to everyone's surprise.

Charles: Everyone, we have an important announcement. As you may know, once there was a trainer that challenged all of the leagues and helped almost if not every single legendary to ever exist. That trainer was Ash Ketchum. He disappeared, and no one knew where did he go until now. The trainer Red is actually... ASH KETCHUM FROM PALLET TOWN!

As if on cue, Ash removed his cloak, and everyone in the stadium was utterly speechless. Max and Bonnie, who were watching the scene, started to clap, and in very little time, everyone started to clap as well. Delia, who was watching the tournament on his TV, began crying tears of joy after seeing his son appear after 8 years of disappearance.

The traitors had a mix of emotions: guilt, sadness, anger, and surprise. Guilt because they knew how much their asses will get kicked, with the main reason being the betrayal, sadness because they regret to an extent what happened, anger because how dare he shows up and humiliate them, and surprise because of the reveal.

Dawn: HOW ARE YOU ALIVE?!

Ash: Venoct and Shogunyan helped me

Dawn: Ha! You're still weak! No matter, Piplup spotlight!

Ash laughed hard when Piplup was released.

Dawn: Why are you laughing?

Ash: You still haven't evolved your Piplup, and you call me weak, *sigh*, some people are just dumb. Samurott, battle time!

A Samurott came to the battlefield. When he saw Piplup, he instantly became furious at the penguin.

Ash: Samurott, Grass knot!

Dawn: Oh no! Piplup Drill peck!

Samurott created grass that trapped Piplup. Piplup started spinning, forming a drill with his body, but that didn't save him. The grass knot squeezed him, and he was knocked out.

Ref: Piplup is unable to battle! Samurott wins! Dawn, please send your next Pokemon!

Dawn: Mamoswine, spotlight!

Ash: Buddy, do you still want to continue?

Samurott sharpened his swords, ready for a fight.

Ash: Alright, use Hydro Pump!

Dawn: Quick, protect!

The Hydro Pump bounced off a barrier created by Mamoswine. Dawn then started with the contest strategies, which proved to be her demise.

 Dawn: Use Ice Shard and absorb it!

Ash: Aqua Jet

When Mamoswine finished creating the Ice Shards, he was walloped by an Aqua jet from Samurott. It weakened him severely but didn't make him faint.

Dawn: Ice beam!

Ash: Counter with your own

The two beams collided, which created an explosion of smoke on the battlefield. Ash smirked.

Ash: Aqua Jet

Dawn: N-

Before Dawn could say something, Mamoswine was knocked out of the smoke and into a wall, which created a crater.

Ref: Mamoswine is unable to battle. Samurott wins! Dawn, please send your final Pokemon!

Dawn: Ugh, Lopunny, spotlight!

Ash: Incredible job Samurott, I'm proud of you. Chandelure, lights on!

Lopunny and Chandelure entered the battlefield. Chandelure gave out a mischievous look ('cause he doesn't have a mouth), and Lopunny looked a bit scared before continuing with the battle.

Ash: Chandelure, Calm mind

Dawn: Brutal Swing!

Chandelure concentrated and boosted himself. Loppuny started charging at him while spinning. 

Chandelure dodged the attack, though, leaving Lopunny wide open.

Ash: Flamethrower

The flamethrower hit Lopunny and made her faint.

Ref: Lopunny is unable to battle. Ash and Chandelure win!

Dawn ran out crying, and the traitors left their spots to comfort her. Ash didn't care, though, as he shrugged it off am thanked Chandelure before returning him and walked away.

A swarm of the press came his way, but he decided to answer some questions, not the ones about the betrayal but the rest.

After his quiz, he went to his room and relaxed, playing with his Pokemon and training them in the end.

Midway through, he heard the worst voice he has ever heard.

ASH KETCHUM!- said ???

This was going to be a rough day...