It's A Pleasure to Meet You, Hostage!

The next few minutes were oddly tense. Ryo had given the boys tea and as Saitama sipped his as he read manga, still laying back on his elbow. Genos, on the other hand, didn't relax at all. Instead, he pulled out a notebook and began to take detailed notes on Saitama's posture.

"What are you writing?" Saitama asked, finally acknowledging Genos.

"My dairy," Genos replied blankly. "I am recording your teachings and training exercises."

Ryo nearly choked on her tea. Surely he wasn't serious! Saitama was doing nothing but reading manga. Maybe he was being sarcastic, attempting to get Saitama to take him more seriously. But Ryo just couldn't tell. Saitama seemed even more stressed than Ryo about Genos' comment. Rightfully so, he had promised to take Genos on as his student, but so far he had taught him nothing.

Saitama looked as if he was going to explode. Thankfully Genos spoke before Saitama broke. "By the way, according to the seminar," Genos started, looking up from his dairy. "A class C hero who remains inactive for a week is dropped from the hero registry. Will you be alright?"

"What?"

Ryo gasped. "You haven't defeated any monsters in a while Saitama!"

"They actually said that?" Saitama asked with dread dripping from his voice.

"Yes," Genos answered, confirming both Saitama's and Ryo's worries. "There are tons of Class C guys, and the bar is low, so they weed them out."

"But nothing has come up on the T.V."

"The media only reports incidents such as disasters requiring evacuation, terrorism and the appearance of monsters." Genos used his pencil to gesture to Saitama. "You may not be aware of it because you have only confronted super villains and evil organizations that no one else could handle. But Class C heroes mainly address purse snatches, robbers and street assailants."

Saitama's face was drained of color, looking utterly shocked. Genos continued, "Most Class C heroes do not last long unless they keep themselves active. They grow discouraged and change jobs. If they do not pound the pavement and drum up results like salarymen, nobody pays any attention to them."

Saitama jumped to his feet. "This is no time to be reading manga!!" Saitama ran around the apartment, carelessly undressing in front of Ryo who sighed and covered her eyes.

"Shall we go then?" Genos asked, closing his dairy on the table.

"Don't come with me!" Saitama demanded. "If I am with a Class S guy like you, you'll get the credit for anything I do!"

"But as your pupil..." Genos sounded desperate. Ryo peaked through her fingers at him and saw his disappointed frown

Ryo looked to Saitama who was now dressed in his super suit. He seemed to have an epiphany. "Genos! My strong desire to be a hero led me to train and get strong. Maybe if you too live as if aiming for the heights of herodom, something will change."

"Herodom?" Ryo repeated with a dumb look on her face. What he said made no sense. Was he going to try and sell this bull shit to Genos?

"To put it bluntly," Saitama continued. "You're a cyborg, so physical training means nothing. You may be able to get stronger with simply the right attitude. In other words, train your spirit before worrying about strength through power or technology. To that end, fight it out in the strict world of professional heroes. Aim to make the top ten of the Class S ranking. That is the training for now."