The Day She Remembered Fear

City J was one of Ryo's favorite cities to visit. The beach air swept deep into the city, no matter where you stood, you could still hear the cheers and laughter coming from beach goers. Ryo could smell the salty air of the sea and felt the overwhelming urge to go bask in the warm sunlight. But at the moment, she was unable to do so.

"Man this outfit is tight!" Class A rank 11 hero, Stinger, her biggest customer (Other than Genos) yet, exclaimed. He was looking at himself at all angles, shooting finger guns at his reflection in the window of a shop they were meeting in front of. "Both how it looks and on my body!"

"Is it constricting at all?" Ryo quickly asked, looking over his body carefully. It was a simple black outfit with ridges that almost made it look like he wrapped his whole body in boxer's tape. "I tried to make it skin tight, but this is a new fabric for me so if it's constricting, I'll fix it immediately."

"Nah, nah," He grinned, throwing fake punches into the air. "I feel like I could do extreme yoga in this!"

"that's oddly specific," Ryo laughed.

"But it is a little plain, don't you think?" Stinger asked, stretching like he was a track runner.

"You had mentioned that you wanted to wear your own belt and overcoat remember?" Ryo asked, handing over the two articles. "I always think it's best to keep things plain first, then accessorize."

Stinger beamed and pulled the two other articles on. "Can't believe I forgot about this!" He looked back in the reflection again and smiled ear to ear. "Now this is amazing! What do you think?" He asked, giving his best heartthrob smile.

"I love it!" Ryo concluded looking over Stinger's whole outfit, taking a second to adjust how the jacket and belt sat on his figure. Stinger coughed awkwardly, standing still stiffly. But Ryo was used to being this close to clients. She quickly adjusted Stinger's hair. "Now all that's left is testing it out."

"You mean you don't test this stuff out before getting it to me?" Stinger asked.

"Well I can stab, rip, and bite at the fabric, and I can make the mockup in my size and run around in it. But this outfit is exclusively your size. It's pretty unlikely that anyone else could fit in it. Plus I'm not a hero so the strange situations that heroes find themselves in will always defeat the purpose of me testing it out. It's easier for you to just go all out on some monster that shows up, then I'll address any concerns you have."

Convenient screaming drifted towards them from the beach.

"Well, that was perfect timing," Stinger said with a broad smile, pulling out his weapon. "Are you ready to see me in action?"

"Let's go!" Ryo grinned.

As they ran to the site of the commotion, Stinger shouted back to her, "Make sure you stay a safe distance back!"

"Oh, of course!" Ryo confirmed. She'd keep a safe distance, but she had to see her handy work in action!

Ryo ducked into a back alley, she couldn't see Stinger through the heads of the crowd, but boy could she see those monsters.

"The Clan of the Sea Folk rules the earth now!" A giant creature with a man's body, but an octopus head, with tentacles reaching in all directions, one was wrapped around a man who was screaming for help. "Those who defy us will die! The rest of you are cattle." Stinger jumped into action, completely tearing through the arm that was strangling the hostage. The monster turned to face Stinger, shouting, "Now you've done it human!"