Meteors Don't Care If You're Pretty

Ryo and Genos were sat at Saitama's table, while Saitama was leaned back reading a newspaper. Ryo was silently sketching out a new hero costume in a crude manner that would make no sense, visibly, to anyone but her. Genos seemed to be working on his computer, every so often he'd raise his head to tell Saitama or Ryo about something he had just discovered. It had been three hours since Ryo had arrived and she had yet to move from her spot at the table. Saitama and Genos appeared to have decided that they would sit with her until she decided to socialize.

"Master Saitama," Genos spoke, breaking the comfortable silence. "it appears that your rank has risen from 388- the very bottom- to 342."

Ryo put down her sketch pad at that. "That's great Saitama!"

Saitama nodded, "So it went up from the fight the other day. It's been a week, have you done any heroic deeds?"

"No, not yet," Genos explained. "That is why I am rank 17- the bottom of class S- in the ability ranking."

"I forgot the weekly quota thing stopped after Class C," Ryo said, chewing on the back of her pencil.

"Yes, I will not have to fight monsters until the Association calls upon me, or I stumble across one." Genos explained. "Still in the weekly popularity ranking voted by citizens, I am number six."

Saitama spat up his drink and Ryo slammed her sketch book on the table. "What?! Genos! That's amazing, great job!"

Genos then started to read off the many positive comments he received. "'Expect much from this genius who debuted in class S at the young age of 19.' 'His face is gorgeous.' 'I love the cool way he refuses all media contact. 'He is the cyborg prince, a sense of fragility under the steely expression.' 'Among the top five best looking Heroes.'" Ryo bit her hand to stifle her laughter. "And so on."

"Doesn't it embarrass you to read all that?" Saitama asked.

"Those comments were based merely on my photo. They do not really know me, so I do not mind."

"Right," Saitama groaned. "Of course."

"You'll have your own fans soon enough!" Ryo insisted.

"I have never seen anyone as incredible as you, Master, even if the world does not know it." Genos agreed.

"Cut the flattery you two," Saitama smiled. "It's disgusting."

Genos suddenly got a call, "The hero association is summoning me for some reason," Genos informed them. "I must go."

"Oh, maybe you're getting fired," Saitama laughed.

Ryo smacked his leg, "That's not funny! Be safe Genos!" Ryo waved as he left. "His first mission, I'm excited to see what it is."

Saitama shrugged, just continuing to read his newspaper. "He's an S class so it must be a pretty big threat."

Ryo went back to doodling. "We should keep an ear out for any evacuation warnings."

Sure enough, merely ten minutes after Genos left an evacuation warning was issued for City Z. A meteor was crashing down on the city, threatening the extinction of the whole city. Ryo looked up in the sky.

"Oh, yup," she said pointing at a glittering ball of death barreling down upon city Z. "There it is. It's really close too. They didn't give the residents nearly enough time to evacuate."

"That wasn't very nice of them," Saitama said, starting to get dressed into his super suit, while Ryo's back was turned. "Do you want to go with me to take care of it?"