Chapter 2

Well, this day kept getting worse and worse as it progressed, I just finished the last of my finals this morning, and I was looking forward to just enjoying this time off to focus on the little project my dad approved of

Well, this day kept getting worse and worse as it progressed, I just finished the last of my finals this morning, and I was looking forward to just enjoying this time off to focus on the little project my dad approved of. When I pitched the idea of the Benefit concert and carnival, he was excited, and so was I; it was the first time that my father has ever given me so much responsibility that involved in any of his charities.

But those events for The American Cancer association were the ones most near and dear to both our hearts because it's what took my mother away from me. It was cancer that robbed me from getting to know her since I was still so young to remember most of the memories I did have with her. My father would share pictures and stories when I was really young, but I could sometimes tell I was a painful reminder of her to him as well, and as I got older more and more of my personality reminded him of her, my family on her side always said that I was so much like her, my mothers tenacity for life and compassion for others was very much instilled in me and my father saw that too so that's why as I got older our relationship grew distant especially once I got into my preteens when I would rebel since we never truly saw eye to eye in things.

I know he loves me, and he's given me nothing but the best in my life and upbringing, but he mainly stayed busy and at times very detached emotionally when it came to me and especially my mother. At the age of 4, he met my stepmother Macy. She was kind, loving, and she raised me as her own blood daughter, although my father continued to be somewhat emotionally not present he did care for Macy and I too grew such a strong bond with her and my stepbrother brother Jordan as well; father would be gone most of the time, so it was us three it was a good life.

Still, no one in my life let me forget my mother and her memory, so working on these foundation charity events made me feel somewhat closer to her and her spirit, which always made me feel happy but sad at the same time, it took me some time to accept the fact that we can't change the past but eventually I did. Plus, it wasn't really fair for the people who loved and raised me the most in my life to be compared to just a memory especially with what Macy has done as a mother figure for me, so I've been trying to find that balance, finding ways to honor the woman who gave me life but also to honor the woman who raised me to become who I am today. I then realized I would pursue a career in which I could help people both medically and yet emotionally. Psychology was something that I wanted to do, and I loved how unique how each individual was, and there were millions in this world with millions of individual personalities. I've completed my clinical time just recently, and now all that was left was a dissertation that has been about a year in the making with research.

Life was good, and I couldn't complain I really didn't have the right to, but most of my life still wasn't my own; my father would delegate certain things and would always be very vocal about his expectations of me and how my brother and I represent the company and foundation. Manners and perfection are what he always instilled in us, so Jordan and I both naturally had to abide in it. My best friend Courtney described my very scheduled and calculated life as boring and suffocating, and at times she wasn't wrong, but there was really nothing I could do. I was just thankful that my father was even letting me pursue a career I wanted even though it wouldn't pay as much as working for our company and one day taking it over, but I could care less about money. In all honesty, Macy made sure both Jordan and I always had both feet on the ground, even being supported by a lavish lifestyle she remained as humble as her own roots growing up this was the same woman who would hide burgers with kitchen staff so that Jordan and I could eat something that wasn't liver or caviar so it was very easy at times to know how very lucky my dad met such a woman.