Chapter 6

The following days were pretty busy since I was on summer break, and it was my last year; I had to finish my dissertation all the while, I was doing my clinical hours and my part-time job and with preparing the fundraising event; the concert por...

The following days were pretty busy since I was on summer break, and it was my last year; I had to finish my dissertation all the while, I was doing my clinical hours and my part-time job and with preparing the fundraising event; the concert portion was going along smoothly because we had a good company, stage location, and even a few country artists that were happy to give up a few hours for the cause and I was thankful for that. But the Carnival was a bit of a challenge because whenever Kevin and I would meet to plan for things, he would always tease me.

It would start to get annoying, he would always playfully hint at something, and I would have to scold him to be a bit more professional, but what does a guy like him do? Well, the Kevin Mayer I have gotten to know sticks his tongue out playfully and says he doesn't want to then proceeds to tell me to stop being so "stuffy" there were many instances where my palm would be smacking my forehead after something he would donor say that I'm sure it's helped with my neck and back posture. He would send me gifs when I needed an answer, and yet he wasn't hindering anything, which was the most frustrating part; he played a lot, but when I needed him to get something done, he annoyingly would get it done so I couldn't even really be mad at him which was even more infuriating. Since I've been so occupied with work and school, I couldn't see Courtney as much. So most of our communication would be through text or phone and the random pictures or selfies of her or James.

The past few days, she's spent it hanging out with James; I was able to see him once more during a lunch they were having, but tonight, Courtney wanted to throw him a little party since he's leaving. The both of them been practically glued to the hip the whole two weeks since they met its a bummer that he had to go back to New York to start training again for their upcoming season, I did like the guy; he was friendly, charming to Courtney and was very funny always making us laugh. However, I would just see him briefly cause I had things such as a busy schedule. Courtney was getting very comfortable with James and his friend here. She even said that we should meet because he's just as great as James. 

Currently, both Courtney and I were having a quick girl's lunch in a bbq spot we always went to whenever we had a craving for ribs. "so what time is this party again tonight, court?" I asked, picking up my drink, "ahh well, there's no specific time it's just at that Boot's country bar I got a little VIP section roped off for us so we can have privacy if we wanted; he invited his friends here, and I invited most of ours too" Courtney says after washing down her bit of ribs. "Ah, ok, do you mind if I invite Lionel? My father has been getting on my case about not really giving him some time in getting to know each other, so when I mentioned this at last night family dinner, he kind of forced me into it just wanted to ask you first since it's technically not my party."

I see Courtney's eyes widen a bit. " oh so you have been getting to known Mr. Adams ehhhh, so girl spill! all I really been hearing from you about these past few days were how annoying captain ego is!" I listen to her laugh at me " ugh please we are not going to ruin the mood now, he's just so annoying court, his smooth, suave, carefree attitude is just already so difficult to deal with its a shame though he's built like a Roman warrior but has a maturity level of pee-wee Herman, whats scary court, is if I didn't know any better it's like he's being annoying on purpose because he likes to mess with me. if it's not that then he's just really mentally compatible and as playful as a zoo monkey" after I finished the sentence Courtney spits out her water " oh geeze alex! He can't be that bad; the way you describe his antics is adorable; maybe he likes you, should your fiancee be worried?" Courtney says with a smirk on her face and a wriggle in her eyebrows.