Chapter 5

The flight was way too early for me, but it was nice to be back home

The flight was way too early for me, but it was nice to be back home. Courtney was supposed to catch a flight later today, but instead, she hopped on my family private jet to come back early since her morning meeting was canceled with a client; after dropping her off at her place, my driver rolled down his divider and let me know that we were in front of my building I thanked him and dragged my things in once I walked through my front door, I stopped carrying my suitcase and put my bag down in the living room took my jacket off, and like a zombie walked over to my bedroom and heavily plopped on top of my bedsheets.

I didn't realize that I was asleep for so long until my phone's ringtone was piercing through my once quiet bedroom was I lazily searched for my phone under my sheets, still half asleep, and my best friend's voice rang through Its speakers "Jesus Lexie! I was worried sick I have been trying to call you for like 2 hours now! I am almost at your place, your dad, brother, and mom are looking for you when they couldn't reach you, may call me to check if we were together." she says, scolding me " oh, I'm sorry, I was just so tired I crashed out into my bed once I got back home. I didn't hear my phone go off until now. I'll let everyone know I'm fine and alive. I said, starting to wake up slowly."well, that's good but now open your door cause I'm here" I get up and let her in, " you know you have my spare key. Why did I have to get out of bed if you were going to scold me? I would prefer it to be in my bed under my thick comforter that can drown out your voice," I say, plopping down onto my living room couch cuddling one of my lap pillows.

"Well, missy, that spare key is safely in my home, and I was actually on my way to get James; remember he's here spending time with his best friend, but his friend will be busy tonight, so it's date night," she says with a smile and all I could do was awe sarcastically. She threw the other pillow at me as I laughed. "Tease all you want but Lex, he's great. I haven't been so happy in a long time; I hope it stays this fun," cheerful in her tone, and I thought it was adorable. "Well, now that I saw you with my own eyes and that you're fine, I'll let your family know that your body isn't bleeding out somewhere" I laugh at the faces my family would make when they realized I just overslept.

I hear Courtney's footsteps walk away from me in the living room "all alright, sweets, I'm headed out. Text me if you need anything. Don't forget to eat dinner!" I hear the door shut and I sat up in a panic to look up at my wall clock and saw that I had to be at the restaurant to meet with Kevin in 20 minutes. I sprung out off my couch like a rabbit and hurried into my bedroom closet to pull out an outfit, and ran into my bathroom to see my messy hair in front of my face, smeared makeup, and I quickly got dressed and ready.

Once I got to my car, I knew I was running late, so I pulled out my phone to give Kevin a heads up and realized that the phone was about to die, so I dialed quickly and after hearing him answer I screamed "running late! Phone dead!" and just as expected my phone shut off. I just hoped he listened to what I just said before it died. Thankfully the restaurant wasn't too far away I would be there in 10 minutes.