Chapter 4

James and I touched down in Nashville, and I noticed a slight change in his personality, he looked tired, but he wasn't grumpy; it was the complete opposite

James and I touched down in Nashville, and I noticed a slight change in his personality, he looked tired, but he wasn't grumpy; it was the complete opposite. He was utterly goofy. When we met up at the airport early this morning, James was smiling ear to ear and had a little spring in his step, and it confused the hell out of me. During the flight, he told me that he met someone last night and had a great night together. "Kev, bro, she's Just amazing; she's down to earth, also funny; the connection is so much deeper than I had with other women it's incredible and scary at the same time!" I hear James confess, and I chuckle at his giddiness.

"well, she sounds like quite a lady! Good for you bro, is she from the city too?" I asked trying to keep up with conversation" well, no, she's actually from here; she was just up there in the city for a girls trip with her best friend; I will say you might like her too! She's cool and funny too bad you didn't get to meet them last night. Some guys were trying to get with Alex, but she was feisty and wouldn't deal with all of that. It was so funny to watch the guys get shot down one by one" I laugh at the image of it and wished I was there too, but it was my last night in New York, and my brother Jason and sister Allie wanted to spend some time and have a get together at Jason and Maria's house.

I loved the idea; my parents were there, my sister Allie, Danny, and my funny little nephew who was still crawling around. My older nephew Luke was getting bigger and bigger each time I saw him, and i always had so much fun playing some driveway hockey with him. It was the safest option for me since he would pummel me each time in the front yard playing football. He was a beast no matter the height difference I had on him, he had body mass and strength no doubt, eventually he will get bigger than me and It was a scary thought, and thanks to my older brother Jason and his coaching I can see one day him being in the NFL too they both loved football so much. Also, his twin little girls were so precious. I took some time and held them both as they were swaddled up so peacefully in my arms as I watched them sleep.

I found it fascinating; they looked so much like their Mother, Maria when they were asleep but when they were awake and their eyes were opened they acted just like him. Jason was grateful that they took after their mother in looks because he felt a female version look alike of him might not be too pretty or dainty. When they were born we laughed in the hospital room at his confession as he said that out loud but while we are all gathered together I watched my parents dote on their grandkids. As always, I hear my mother nag about me and my personal life. It was a never-ending cycle.

It was a typical Mayer family get-together, and it was exactly what I missed about being close to family. At times I envied my brother and sister for being so close, and I was in Nashville, but at the same time, I got less nagging from my mother because of the distance, so I guess it works out for now. Seeing my siblings with their loved ones and their own little families did make me feel a type of jealousy; how nice it would be to come home to someone you love and not spend another lonely night in a big bed. To be able to have children running around showering you with affection, seeing the look of admiration in their little eyes because to them, you are their hero. It honestly made me want a life like that, but at the same time, after what happened with the last serious relationship I had, it scared me to get close to another woman again.