CHAPTER 36

Chapter 36

3 years later

I smiled while facing the crowd.

And took a deep breath.

I hold this microphone, and feels my presence here in stage.

"They asked me... How did you come up to this part and How I make all of this. I just have one answered, and that's because I believe on my dreams" I paused because of their around of applause.

They stopped, and all of their attention at me.

"In every succes story, behind it, is a challenging endeavor. Yeah, someone's said to me that I'm not able to graduate, that I'm not able to achieve my goals in life. And I'll tell you this, if you listen to the people you won't leave!

I can feel my tension in my mind, heart and soul.

"Yeah! I walked in the hallway wearing a collages uniform with my son in my side, because I'm going to accompany my child to his Nursery. Yeah, I get pregnant and stopped for one year of not attending college. But life will surprised you! because I believe and work on my dreams. I graduated in BA Journalism and collect my diploma and award with my son waiting me on our home!" Again I heared their clapped, some are starting to be emotional like mine.

"Hear this, no one can under estimate of your fate in life!"

I'm a warrior of my dream to become a journalist. I'm a fighter of the test of what I want to become, because I'm a woman. no one can stop me for dreaming of what I want to be.

I paused.

And my feet took a step.

"I need to tell this, girls you need to hear this. If there's a choice arrived on your life. A choice number one of entering early stage of being a mother. And a choice number two of continuing your life and live the life without limits. Please choose the number two... Because the choice number one it can wait and it has a right time for that. The choice number two has a perfect time. You're a woman!" I said in a mono tone.

"Have dreams on your life first. Focus everything in you for setting goals in your life. Finished studies, help your parent, travel the world, invest more time within your self, discover things. With that you'll be ready for the future. Because you're a woman, speak to you're dreams!" Mga huling salitang sinabi ko sa harapan nila, at inilapat ko ang kamay sa dibdib ko, while seeing them cheered and clapped to me.

I hope at the end of this day, I get inspired someone inside of this hall.

"Well done, Irene I guess you'll be forever the best speaker and journalist in the world!"

"Thank you Director Holmes!" I said and gived him a hug.

***

I find myself walking straight while passing the different kind of people her in New York Times Square here in Midtown Manhattan.

Hindi maipaliwanag ang sayang nadarama ko sa tuwing nakikita ko rito ang billboard na may litrato ko. And it had a text of what I become now.

One of the best journalist in New York Times, a great motivational speaker, and an author.

Sobrang ganda talaga ng mga nararating kapag may mga pangarap ka sa buhay. And no words can explain how I became so happy, that I'm finally living my dreams this times... To become a journalist and to speak my words just to touched the heart of million dreamers across the world.

I spent a minute inside the Starbucks. After I finished my tea, I ordered a products of them na paborito ni Thirdy. My son is now ten years old, he really like playing football with her friends and classmates from Townsend Harris High School here in New York.

I put my car in motion to go back on the house, na pinagtutuluyan namin eversince I moved here abroad. Wala pa si Thirdy, sa bahay namin. Maybe he's still playing football in the field na malapit lang dito sa may saamin. Kaya tinago ko muna sa refrigerator ang dala ko sakanyang pagkain na binili ko kanina.

It's a fall season now here in New York. A perfect time for some outdoor activities.

After I changed my formal dress into a comfy blouse and and a beige short. Funny, because I still have a bangs. Hindi na talaga yata ito maaalis saakin.

Napatingin ako sa kailangan ko na palang palitan ang curtain ng bahay. After I fixed the tas, I go upstairs para kuhanin ang mac book. I wanted to say Hi to my friend Luna. I heared a news from Tala, that she already gaved birth to her next baby to Nicho.

Gosh, I'm still amazed how Nicho's businesses here in N,Y was really massive. Indeed, he's really a greatest Chief Executive Officer, of a telecommunication company.

"Hi!" I said when I saw Luna's here in Facetime.

"Irene... I really miss you so much!"

"I miss you too Luna, oww where's your second born?"

"Here, she's still sleeping" Nakita kong gumalaw siya, and I'm really happy to see her second child sleeping peacefully.

"Kamukang-kamukha mo siya Luna" Nakangiting sinabi ko sa screen.

"Eh, ikaw wala pa bang sunod si Thirdy. Ay malayo pala si ano"

"Baliw!" I said chuckling.

"What's her name?" I touched the screen of my mac book, kasi naka-focus ang camera ni Luna sa natutulog niyang second baby na babae. Kamukha niya itong baby girl, but her older child has a lot of features to Nicho.

Pareho din kay Thirdy, he had a lot of features to his father. Yeah, I'm talking to Sean. Kamusta na kaya siya ngayon. Sana ay masaya siya sa piling ni Selene.

Thirdy is eight years old smart boy now. At his age, I always remind him to be humble and kind.

Kasi ako ngayon... I think nasa panatag na'kong lugar. In my 3 years far away from him in the Philippines. I guess, I finally did to choose the right thing. To set free my self to him.

My heart became strong without him, for the past years. Nakuha ko narin ang dapat gawin para hindi na masaktan.

"It's Nikka, her name is Nikka. Irene are you okay"

"Ah, I'm sorry Luna" I came back again to the reality, ng makita yata ako ni Luna na nakatulala.

"You're so inlove to Nicho, ang mga pangalan ng anak niyo ay parang nakaugat sa pangalan Nicho... Nicholas and Nikka" I said pertaining to their child name.

"Yeah, your right" We both giggled.

"Kailan ka pala uuwi, miss na miss kana namin ng TRB's" Her lips formed in a straight line.

"Malapit na, miss na miss ko narin kayong lahat" Habang nagsasalita ako ay biglang nahagip sa monitor ng Mac book ko ang asawa niya.

Nicho's wearing his business white polo. Maybe he's going to his company. I heard that he transferred his main office in the Philippines. Because probably he wanted to see his family every time of the day. Which is so sweet to think.

Nakita kong gumalaw si Luna, She stand in the side of Nic, para matulungan ito sa pag butones ng vest at sa pag neck tie ng business suit ni Nic.

"I'm talking to Irene" Rinig kong saad ni Luna, at itimuro niya ako sakanyang laptop.

Nicho's waved his hands at me. He's hazel eyes again.

"Baby" Paglalambing ni Luna na narinig ko, na bigla kong ikinangiti.

Nakita kong magkalapit ang kanilang mga mukha sa isa't-isa. And the long arms of Luna encircled on Nicho's neck.

"Okay, okay I'll cancel my meetings today" Nicho's gave a peck on Luna's lips before walking out on their room.

Maybe he's going to his office that was placed on their house.

"That was nice Luna" I said chuckling.

"Baka masundan agad si Nikka" I laughed.

"We planned only two child, pero ewan lang sa harot kong ito"

After my Facetime to Luna just ended. I received a call to Zeev. It was a flash that I automatically smiled.