Prologue: Test of my patience

Disclaimer [16.05.2021]: This story was not meant to have a prologue, because it's a sequel. So why write a prologue? The first book basically is a prologue, I thought. But today I had an idea that wouldn't leave my head, so here you go. As for right now, I've already published the first few chapter that go after this, so if you've read those and now suddenly realized that you accidentally missed the very first chapter, that's because you didn't. It was published later on, because my dumb ass realized that I had a perfect opportunity. This is also more of a flashback than an actual prologue, it doesn't really change anything of the following plot, it just gives an insight on the past. Have fun reading!

 Have fun reading!

"Isa, there is no way in hell I'm going to get the part", I said to my best friend and roommate Isabella, while we were strolling around in Central Park, her with a coffee, me with my usual hot chocolate in my glove-covered hand

"Isa, there is no way in hell I'm going to get the part", I said to my best friend and roommate Isabella, while we were strolling around in Central Park, her with a coffee, me with my usual hot chocolate in my glove-covered hand. It had snowed the night before, covering all the bushes and trees in white powder. It was beautiful, the entire city was incredibly beautiful at this time of the year, making me fall in love with it even more than I already was. Despite being wrapped up in massive winter coat, my body was shaking from the cold, but I still felt so much warmth from the view around me, at the children throwing snowballs, at the dogs playing in the mud, at the couples ice skating on the rink.

"It's the closing run, why would they pick me? Melissa Benoist is phenomenal!", I continued, shaking my head at the possibility of me actually getting my first big role in a musical. I've been in musicals before, mostly off Broadway, some on Broadway, but all of them were minor roles. I was incredibly grateful for those as well. They was enough to keep my head above water and enough to satisfy my ambitions when I first moved to New York three years ago, but I was slowly losing my patience, wondering if I'll ever play the lead. I was stating to think that perhaps I just wasn't good enough. Most of the people I was competing against had been practicing their whole life for this moment, acting lessons, sining lessons, all of which I only started at sixteen.

"So are you! For god's sake Jess, what will it take for you to finally realize that you're just as talented as the people who've already made it, no even more!", she told me, picking up a hand full of snow from the ground to throw it at me, like the kids next to us. I laughed, brushing if off my chest, then picking up some myself to throw at her. Unfortunately, she managed to dodge the snowball, which only encouraged her to encourage me even further. "Let's manifest together. You, Jessica Grace Carter, will be the next Carole King on Broadway. Come on, say it! I will be the next Carole King on Broadway, I want to hear it out of your mouth!"