Chapter 2

It passed two days since Malhun Hatun and my Bey left, and Osman Bey had gotten back safe and sound. He didn't bring Malhun back with him, which I was very happy about. InshaAllah, there would be a few days of peace without Malhun. Ya Allah, please stop making me think bad about her, I can't help it. I don't want to be a wrongdoer, however, she makes me think this way.

Goktug Alp came back from learning about a man named Dark Shaman Togay. They were in the marquee with Bamsi Bey, Davut Bey, and Savci Bey. It seems like trouble always follows us, wherever we go. There will be a feast in Sogut tomorrow, and I really hope Umer Bey decides he can't make it. I really don't want to see Malhun Hatun again. Osman just told the Beys that all tribe Beys were coming, all except Ivaz Bey. I really hope Umer Bey takes control of everything from now on, so Malhun doesn't have to keep seeing my Osman. I heard Osman and Savci Abi talking about Flatyos. Osman seemed pretty mad. They talked some more, then Osman came into our bedroom. I haven't had a good talk with him since he came back, but he was a little angry in the main room, so I tried to think before speaking.

I was fixing my hair while looking at him through my mirror. He was thinking about the meeting happening in Sogut tomorrow. Then, he called my name. He requested that I come to Sogut with him to take care of the Hatuns. I love when he wants me to come along, and of course, I accepted his order. I smiled but then my face fell when I remembered about Malhun. I confirmed with my Bey that Umer Bey would come. Sadly, we would see Malhun again. Osman'm told me that the Bey has no son, so Malhun Hatun would most definitely come. Then, I burst.

"If he had a son, would she show off saying, 'I'm the daughter of a Bey'?" Osman laughed, and grabbed my delicate hand into his big, warm one. He said that I was the daughter of Sheikh Edebali. It was exactly what I thought, but hearing it come from his mouth made me all warm inside. He said that once she understands that, I wouldn't be looked down upon anymore. I was super happy he considered me higher than her, and I smiled really big.

The next morning, before we went to Sogut, Lena baçı had some news. Savci had named their newborn Ertugrul, after the baby's grandfather. Lena also realized she wanted to become Muslim, and I was to take her to my father later. I rode to Sogut with Gonca, and decided to look at some stalls since we came a little early. Gonca left to go see Boran Alp. I am so happy for them. They are just so cute together. The way they blush when they hear each other's names...

Then Malhun Hatun and Umer Bey arrived. Gonca came to me and told me that they made a fuss when having to give their weapons. I walked in with Gonca and saw the Hatun waiting. I started with being nice, asking if they had everything they needed. However, she decided to be snarky. "Except for our weapons?" She said. As an amzing best friend, Gonca'm got angry and asked how long Malhun will continue this disrespect. I replied with what kept me holding back. What kept me from giving her a huge slap in the face. "She's a guest, Gonca, a guest."

Next thing you know, we feel a huge explosion. It had turned out the new enemy called Togay had shot a dart at Umer Bey, then used a bomb as an escape plan. Malhun Hatun was really upset and blamed everything on my Bey. People suspected Ivaz Bey. The evidence was right there, as Dogdura's symbol was on the arrow. However, my Bey thought not. He went to go confront Ivaz Bey, but Malhun Hatun grabbed onto his reins. I was so annoyed. Who does she think she is? She finally let him go, and me and Gonca were talking about who did it. Without our knowledge, an Alp spied on us and told everything to Malhun. She then was about to leave, and I decided to stop her. If she can do this to my Bey, surely it was my right to do it to her.

"Osman Bey will give the punishment of the attack, which was done in his own feast!"

She told me I was crossing the line and I told her to do what was necessary. She pulled out her weapon, so I pulled out mine in defense. Right then Osman came in and yelled at both of us. He came in way too close to Malhun and even grabbed her arm. I was shocked. The only other women besides me to be touched by him were Selcan Ana, his own aunt, and Aygul, his cousin and family member. He didn't even get in that close with Hazal Hatun or Gonca! I was super mad, but I made my Bey more mad. I keep making him mad these days and I hate that. If Malhun wasn't here would this be happening? He kept holding on, he didn't even let go till after a minute. They were still really close. I tried to keep myself calm, but how could he do this in front of all these Alps? He finally came over to me, but stayed a good half a meter apart. He rubbed my arm a bit, and that made me a little better. However, I was still angry.

Finally, Cerkutay had found out it was Togay, along with Aygul. But that stupid Alp of Malhun's spied again, and told the Hatun. Honestly, if the Alp was that loyal to Malhun Hatun, he should just marry her. Then, I would finally find peace.

I went to the lodge with Lena, and brought her to my father. She did her Shahada, and I was super happy for her. We went back to the tribe, and I relaxed. Osman finally came into the room. I was doing my embroidery and it was really late. He came and sat on the bed. I was still a little sad because of the situation before, and I guess he realized that. We talked a little politics and it turned out the traitor he was suspecting was close to us, çok close to us. However, my Bey had some plans, and the person he suspected was innocent.

Osman'm found Malhun injured on the way. He brought her into the tribe in his arms. Aygul didn't want to say it, but she said he was cupping his hands onto her face when they first found her. When I saw them like that, I suspected who Osman's new Hatun was going to be. I walked into the healing tent and was shocked to see Osman healing her. Usually he would leave it to Lena or one of the midwifes. He was touching her too much. He yelled at me to come and help, and I forced my sorrow down.