Chapter 6

It was time for Dundar Bey to be executed. We knew he was a traitor, but everyone was sad. He was our emni. He was Aygul's baba. Osman Bey was about to strangle him, but Dundar asked for an even more unworthy death. He wanted to be pelted with the same arrow that killed Bayhoca. For Lena and Savci. I couldn't help it. I teared up. Allah'm, gunahlarini  affeylesin.

As soon as Osman Bey got into his tent, he started crying. Having to kill his own uncle, ahh Osman'm. After that, Osman got back to work. He did his work, and I did mine in the kilimhane. He had Malhun do some work for him, and she had a victory. Once Osman got what he wanted from Malhun, he went to battle. He came back victorious. However, Boran Alp told me that he saved Malhun from an arrow and then they were staring into each other's eyes for a few seconds.

I greeted Osman with Kumrul Abdal, Gonca, and Ahmet. I kissed my Bey's hand and congratulated his victory. Malhun stood next to us, staring. Then, she interrupted us when Osman was about to kiss my forehead, which he NEVER does in front of the tribe. Anyways...

I secretly saw Gonca go and greet Boran. They are SUPER cute. I tried to ignore Malhun as she talked to Osman, and luckily Ahmet interrupted her.

We put Ahmet on Karayel, and Osman and I held the reins while we walked to the marquee. The rest of the tribe following behind us.

—————————

We had dinner with my baba, Umur Bey, and of course, Malhun Hatun. I tried my best to remain calm and happy. However, the way she talked to Osman....that isn't like a normal tone. She says it with warmth, like she wants him to find guidance in her warmth. Only Allah can give us guidance. Even Umur Bey was looking at her weirdly. But, of course, Osman was clueless.

I spent the next morning helping with the refugees that Osman brought from the castle. They were so happy to be out of the Byzantine's hands, even though they were Christians themselves. After that, a messenger from Togay came, and Bamsi Bey gave him a good beating as the BEGINNING of his revenge. Osman was busy all day with the Beys, so I finally went in the tent after a long day of work. But I didn't like what I saw.

Osman was holding a Hatun's scarf. And it WAS NOT mine. It was pink, and had beautiful flowers on it. Was it....no. It couldn't have been Malhun's. She would never wear pink.

I sat by Osman and we talked about our days. Then, finally, FINALLY, he was able to tell there was something wrong.

He pulled off my headpiece. I blushed and looked down. We have been together for a while now, but every time he sees my hair, I get a sparkling feeling all over. My heart tingles and beats really fast. He pulls out the scarf he was hiding behind him. Then, he stands, and I follow suit. We look into each other's eyes. I search for the love in his eyes but, unlike mine, his eyes are blank of emotion. He smiles softly, and I can finally see the fire of love burning inside him. He turns me around, then puts the scarf on my head. He just plops it down there. I know how to fasten his clothes, so maybe I should teach him the right way to put on a hijab. He grabs my arms, and whispers softly in my ear. "This was my mother's." I can hear the longing in his voice, and I suddenly feel guilty that I suspected him of holding another Hatun's scarf. I look back at him and smile. We stare into each other's eyes for what feels like hours. Ahh Osman'm. How much I love you!