Chapter 7

Another death. Again. It seems as if we cannot protect our loved ones. Our enemies are close. We just suffered the death of the loved one who betrayed us and who we had to kill ourself, and now......now we lost Savci Abi.

As Osman Bey came into the tribe with yet another loss, Lena Baci was so happy to reunite with her husband and tell him about their newborn's health. He promised her he would come back. She had finally (kind of) gotten over Bayhoca's death, and as soon as she say my Abi's body, the pain swept over her again, except this time, it was doubled.

She tried to stay strong for her baby. For the tribe. She tried to be what everyone expected of a Bey's Hatun. But she couldn't help it. She screamed and cried and wept over Savci Bey's body. A tear ran down my face and I looked around to see everyone else the same. Osman was crying a lot, which was different as he rarely cries. Ahh Lena'm, how many pains and hardships will Allah make you go through? Oh Almighty Allah, ease Lena's pain, as the rest of ours. Don't make us go through another loss. Help us get revenge. Help us get rid of our many enemies.

Aygul sat next to Lena and tried to comfort her. Lena got up.

"I am the mother of a martyr. I am the wife of a martyr."

She looked at Osman and asked him, "Osman Bey, should I not cry? Should I stay strong?" He took a step towards her.

"Lena Hatun, I cannot tell you to not cry. But, you are a Muslim now. We have to stay strong."

We walked inside the tent and they cleaned Savci and got him ready for the funeral. We sat with Lena while she lay next to him, mourning. I told her to be happy, her family was in Jannah now. They were living the perfect life there. Osman, baba, and the alps came in to get Savci. Then, the sad funeral began.

After we said goodbye to Savci Bey, it was time to say goodbye to Lena Hatun. She couldn't stay at the tribe any longer. It brought back pain and memories. She decided to go to Karacahisar with Ertugrul. Despite all our fights and miscommunication, I have come to love Lena. I hugged her tight and we broke apart. She pulled my hands into hers. "You have my blessing, Lena. Can you give me yours?"

She gave her blessing to me, and then moved on to hugging Aygul and Gonca. I watched as she left with her baby and the alps. I hope this is not the end. I hope I see her again. I really am going to miss her.