Chapter 4

I quickly fought off more soldiers. I wanted to go help Gonca. I wanted to go console Bamsi Bey. But the soldiers kept coming. As I looked over at Gonca in Boran's arms, I teared up. She is my sister, my best friend, my companion. On top of that, Boran and Gonca were too cute and they just got married. I wasn't going to let anything happen to my Gonca.

I swung my sword at the wretched disbelievers. I clashed with their weapons and stabbed their hearts. Malhun Hatun always says she's a warrior, a commander. She says I'm nothing but a housewife. I wish she could see me now. Gunduz Bey, Aygul, Dundar, and Davut Bey fought beside me. Hazal Hatun protected the little children in the cart. Boran and Bamsi clutched their loved ones and I heard Boran yell "Togay!" That köpek!! Suddenly a horn was blown and they retreated. I hid behind a tree to avoid the arrows, Gunduz Bey brought his sheild in front of me. They ran to catch Togay and I ran to Gonca. She was unconsious in Boran Alp's arms. Many of the Alps were wounded.

I looked over at Abdurrahman Gazi. May Allah give him Janat-ul-Firdous. He was a great Bey. A loyal Alp under Ertugrul Bey and an amazing friend to Bamsi Bey. He was an amazing father to Osman and me. Many Hatuns had died, and I watched in sadness as their children hovered over them. It was time to take control. I told the Alps to bring the wounded to the tribe and then the diseased after us. I helped Boran Alp and Aygul to get Gonca up. "Haydi, Gonca! Haydi, Boran!"

As soon as we got back to the tribe, I got to work healing my Gonca's wounds. After healing her, I went with the other Hatuns to help heal the wounded. I looked back over and saw my dear dove come back to the living. I ran over to her and thanked Allah. Perfect timing, as Boran Alp came in to see her. I gave them a look and entrusted her to Boran. I left the couple to talk. I went outside and worked on brewing up some more medicine when I saw Umur Bey and Malhun Hatun come. Malhun came in like she was all caring for us, but I doubt she cared anything for me. I told them their new trade buddy allied with Togay and attacked us. Umur Bey asked for Osman and I told him about our dear Abdurrahman Gazi. He seemed genuinely sad, and left to go offer condolences. Malhun Hatun tried to help, but I cut her off. I didn't want her acting all so sweet in front of my Bey again.

After a long, tiring day, I gave Osman water while he continued to plan. He stopped me and said, "What happened to Gonca, obviously made you upset." I replied that she will get better, Inshallah, but, the wedding caravan. He told me to spill, but I didn't want to bother him. Osman Bey told me to come sit by him on the post so I did. Again, he told me to spill. So I told him I was scared that we had to be ready for attacks at all time. During celebration time and mourning time. I told him we can't grow, rise, or flourish. What he said next made me super happy. He said I spoke like a Bey Hatun. Then he went on with his speech. I love how he talks with passion. I listened intently then went to bed.

The next morning Osman and his Alps went out for Holy War. However, Malhun came. Osman yelled at her and left. She totally deserved it. I went up to her and asked her if she wanted to drink sherbet and speak like a Hatun. That got her to leave.

In the afternoon I went to my baba. I came to talk to him about the frustration going on between the two tribes. I know I would love for Osman to be on bad terms with Malhun, however, I don't want all the tribe's folks to suffer because of that.

Osman came back safe and sound. Elhamdullillah. He talked with the Beys, then I came in with a great plan to discuss with him. I told him how I wanted to help the mourning. The next day Osman forgave Saltuk and Baysungur and Goktug. It wasn't their fault that the man got killed, as it was his destiny that Allah decided for him. Obviously, I felt bad about them being hit so it warmed me to see them being forgiven. Yet we learned very bad news that day. We learned who the traitor was.

Osman was very mad at Umur Bey and Malhun Hatun. It had turned out they had evidence since the potter Idris had died. Osman came back from Sogut, where he met my father and Umur Bey. He talked to Savci Abi, Gunduz Abi, and Bamsi Bey. While they were talking, I saw Malhun ride into the tribe. I asked her if she was bringing more trouble then she had to turn it around and say we were the ones that started all this trouble. She went to go meet with my Bey and I heard him raising his voice at her. I didn't know at the time that he had learned that news, so I was a bit confused. I asked what was going on. He told me the traitor was Ertugrul Ghazi's brother, Suleiman Shah's son, Osman Bey's uncle, Dundar Bey. I was shocked. He told me not to tell anyone, especially not Hazal. I was told to watch over her, so we can use her as bait.

When Malhun Hatun was riding away, I saw and followed with Gonca. We took a shortcut and blocked their path. She looked at me, and asked if I wanted to settle things. When I told her I wanted to talk, she went and asked, smugly, if I was tired of talking. As if I never fight, and just sit in my tent, sipping sherbet. Even if I am not at war, taking care of the tribe is a very difficult task sometimes. I yelled at her for playing with me. Acting as if we were dumb, not being able to find the traitor. Asking us for proof. That idiot had the proof all along. She said it was given to Osman Bey. I am not a random Hatun in the tribe that isn't trustworthy enough to be handed to proof. Heck, even a random oba Hatun is more trustworthy than this Malhun Hatun. I said that her head must go and she just walked away from me.

At night, I went into the tent and saw Osman tightening his bow. I was telling him what I did to Malhun and I was afraid he was mad again. He was already so mad, it wouldn't take much to upset him more.

Suddenly, Hazal Hatun asked to come in. She asked about Dundar and Osman'm replied in riddles. He gave the signal to me and I asked her to come to the public kitchen. She agreed and Boran and Goktug came in. They said Dundar Bey hadn't been seen and escaped Sogut. He told me we would talk more about my actions later and I figured, sadly, that he was indeed mad at me.

The next day we went with Hazal to Sogut. Gonca and I had come up with a plan, along with the help of Boran Alp and Goktug Alp. We left with Fatma Ana and had a quick visit to see her daughter. Then, the real plan began. Just like we had thought, Hazal Hatun left the kitchen as soon as we left. I told Gonca to tell Boran and they took it on from there. I went back to the kitchen.

Later, Osman Bey brought both Hazal, and those two traitor traders. He made a speech in which he told everyone who the traitor was. Ah, Aygul. Gonca and I stood at her side. It must be so hard for her, her brother killed, then her mother killed a traitor, now her father. For Lena too, it must be hard. Bayhoca's own family, his own uncle. The reason my dear nephew passed.

Osman Bey had a plan to capture Dundar Emni. He left and I only prayed that he would be caught and this betrayal and pain would soon end.

Yeah I know it's been many years...we haven't even got to the telling Bala, the marriage, the pregnancy, Orhan's birth, or Bala being pregnant 😁

Well here is the update...hope you enjoyed!