Chapter 5

I was sitting inside mine and Osman's tent later that day when I heard the drums beating. It was followed by people's yells and I could only guess what commotion Dundar had caused. I ran outside and there he was, Dundar Emni. Osman had brought the traitor here to pay for his crimes. The only price, according to the laws, was death. People were hitting him and trying to tackle him. Gonca came up from behind me and whispered, "Hayin." It was him that told our location during Gonca's wedding. He turned our celebration into a funeral.

Suddenly, Lena came out of her tent. She walked up to Dundar, her face blank but showing anger at the same time. She grabbed him by his shirt and yelled, "KATI!!!" Gonca and I ran to her. Ah Lena ah, how many troubles you have gone through. We tried to calm her down and take her off him as she cried, "You killed my son! You murderer, you caused the death of my son!! I'LL KILL YOU, I WILL!!!!" We succeeded to pull her off him and he looked down in shame. Serves him right, that traitor. He killed my nephew. We took her back to her tent while the other Alps tried to stop the tribes people from hurting Dundar. Before we left, I saw the sadness on my Bamsi Bey's face. He was the one that raised Dundar. He was the one that saw Suleyman Shah, Ertugrul Bey, and Osman Bey love Dundar Bey.

Gonca and Boran Alp had later told me that Aygul went full on mad on Dundar Bey in the prison tent. I'm just glad that his betrayal didn't make her go mental like Batur's death, Zohre Hatun's death, and Alisar's betrayal. Boran was scared that she would get sick again when he saw her yell at Dundar, alhamdullillah she didn't.

After Osman'm had a discussion with the Beys about what to do with Dundar Emni, I went to go see my husband. "Send Hazal Hatun to her father's tribe." I agreed. I think he wanted her to be with Yavlak Arslan so she can become pure again, like her brother. He told me to make sure that she didn't take anything she didn't deserve. Osman was really sad about his uncle. I comforted him then went to go do my duty.

I went to Hazal Hatun while she was packing her jewelry. I came with Gonca and Aygul, along with two Alps. "You won't take anything you earned unfairly," I said, then snatched the pouch of gold from her hand. Gonca took the chest out of Hazal's way, and I threw the pouch back in there. I would distribute the money to our tribespeople later. Hazal Hatun scoffed at me and told me that I started to act like a Hatun, in that motherly tone she used to use, pretending she loved me. Then Aygul got mad. She started to step up the Hazal but I put up my arm to block her. Aygul said some stuff to her while Gonca continued to sort out the jewels and money.

Then Lena came. She ran to Hazal and me and Gonca has to restrain her once again. Aygul stood in the back, rolling her eyes. Hazal laughed and said,

"None of you can touch me."

That was it. Aygul ran up to her and clutched her throat. "We aren't done yet, Hazal Hatun! I will avenge my mother." I went to grab Aygul as Gonca held on to Lena. Aygul was pushed into the back and then Lena started up again. "I will kill you if she can't! I will!" I yelled at them to pull themselves together. Hazal Hatun told Aygul that she was supposed to take all the money, but Aygul did right by telling her she would die than take the haram money. The Alps took the money and we left.

SORRY FOR THE VERY SHORT CHAPTER!!! I feel like I haven't updated in so long so I just put whatever I had on my draft. I'm so very sorry. It's hard with this story, since I'm trying to be exact, which means I have to rewatch some parts of the episode. Tell me if you think I should: 1. Keep taking a long time but being exact. OR 2. Speed it up with general details?