s i x

J I M I N

For the next few days, my dark black cap, a black mask and sunglasses became the staples of my wardrobe as I never stepped out without those.

I needed them to hide my identity, yes, but more importantly, I needed the cover up to hide my rapidly changing feelings towards Y/N.

No, I couldn't say that I was in love with her but I couldn't say that I wasn't either. It was a complicated situation that involved me silently stalking her Twitter and Instagram accounts everyday just so I could figure out my fvcking feelings.

What kind of a girl used the same username everywhere?

Moreover, apart from the lack of varying usernames, all of her accounts were set on public, which made looking her up on any social media a piece of cake.

It had been a week since she'd met me and my patience was running thin.

I expected her to at least try to DM me back—she had a very good reason to approach me first. She could have tried to revive contact with me even on the pretext of apologising for running that day but nothing of that sort happened.

Instead, I found myself following her everyday—yes, following, not stalking.

She had a fairly simple life.

Go to the bakery at ten in the morning and come back at five in the evening. What she did before, during and after this time - yes goddamn, I was interested, but had no way of finding out because I had my own work to deal with.

Saturday. 4:50 PM

After being done with practice early, I swiftly drove towards the bakery she worked at, reaching there barely ten minutes before she got off. Maybe, I could convince her to hang with me again—even if for just a few minutes.

Anything was better than nothing right now.

Parking my car, I looked at the bakery across the road. The weather were getting hotter and the bakery's sign board shone brightly in warm glow of the setting sun. The fairy lights framing the glass doors and display were on and I stared at them dazed until the doors swung open and out stepped Y/N, laughing with some of her coworkers.

I bit my lip. She looked nice—classy today.

Even after seeing her every morning, I had never seen her wearing a skirt this short before, or laugh along so brightly with another... guy.

I clenched my fist instinctively, extremely disturbed by the sight before my eyes. 
She looked happy and totally unaware of the attention she was attracting.

I couldn't really blame any guy who found his gaze fixed on her in this moment. She looked absolutely fresh and peppy in a dull peach  frilly skirt that stopped mid-thigh and a matching bandeau top that emphasised her curvy figure.

I swallowed, feeling a little restless as I let my gaze travel down her body, taking in the delicious amount of exposed skin. But then, my eyes caught sight of something extremely unsightly.

The guy next to her had snaked his arm around her shoulders. I couldn't really see Y/N's expression or tell whether she liked or disliked the sudden act of skin-ship but I couldn't bear to keep looking at them any longer.

Why?

Because I was pissed beyond measure.

Yes, I knew I had no right to be.

But I was.

I was angry and...jealous enough to storm out of the car, march upto her and pull her along with me but all I did was to grit my teeth and look away as I focused ahead with burning eyes and a stiff jaw.

I had no right to barge in upon her life like that.

Just because I liked her did not mean that I could snatch her away from the privacy of her commoner life and thrust her into the sinister world of showbiz.

I could not stake my claim on her.

I had no right to.

Loosing a tense breath, I pulled up my mask, fixed my sunglasses and drove off.

Saturday. 7:00 PM

Y / N

I grabbed my phone off the table as it vibrated silently, the ringing sound drowned out by the loud chatter of my co-workers who were busy eating and getting drunk.

"Excuse me," I excused myself, frowning at the unknown caller ID and stepped outside to receive the call.

"Hello, who's this?" I muttered suspiciously as the caller muttered some gibberish into the phone.

A series of unfamiliar sounds followed and I could hear someone groaning. The voice was muffled as if the caller had dialled my number accidentally and now was either unaware that someone had picked up the call or was not in a position to talk.

"Hello?" I tried again, utterly confused. The call had been thirty seconds long already. Had the person still not noticed the ongoing call?

My thoughts were interrupted by a loud sound erupting through the phone. It was a loud sound of glass shattering and chairs creaking against the floor and I held onto the phone panicking.

What if it was someone who I knew and they needed help?

"Hello? Please answer me. Who's there?" I yelled desperately into the phone, refusing to hang up until I received an intelligible response.

A moment of silence.

Then another...

Which was followed by yet another screeching sound.

"Y/NNNNNNNN!" Someone groaned from the other side and my mouth dropped open.

I was most probably hearing things right now, but there was no way in world that I could not recognise...

Jimin's voice.

I was screwed.