t w e l v e

Y / N

"Y/N!" I gasped as I was pulled off the sidewalk the moment I stepped outside after finishing my shift at the bakery.

I was so stunned that it took me a moment to register the fingers gripping my arm tightly, leaving me with no opportunity to try and shake them off.

"Jimin," I breathed, looking up at his masked figure as he pulled me to the side, away from the public eyes.

Facing me with his back towards the street, he lowered his mask ever so slightly, just enough so that I could see his bloodshot eyes.

"What are you doing here?" I hissed, almost spitefully.

"We need to talk." He stressed, reaching out for my hands as his eyes bore into mine but I did not need any explanations, so I quickly crossed my arms and turned my face away from him.

Jimin sighed. "Look Y/N. I know how you feel-"

I scoffed. "No, you don't." I looked up at him, putting on the most expressionless face I could muster. "If you think that a mere idol like yourself who's slave to his desires first and foremost can make me feel anything at all, then you've grossly overestimated yourself. You might have been my ultimate bias at some point and you might still be a global icon but now, you're not all that special to me at all."

"I can explain myself." Jimin pleaded, his eyes begging me.

Despite having steeled my will to not let him influence my life anymore, I couldn't help but feel my resolve weakening at his state.

His blonde hair was unkempt under his black bucket hat and his face was pale, a sick yellowish tinge to his skin. Their were bags under his eyes and he looked as if he hadn't slept all night.

"I'm not someone who you need to explain your actions to, Jimin." I sighed, taking on a slightly softer approach. I really didn't want him to be a part of my real life anymore.

Maybe if I just told him that I held no grudges against him, or that his actions hadn't hurt me at all, it would rid him of his guilt and he'd leave me alone.

"You are - I mean..." I fidgeted. "-you were my idol and I really looked up to you. I still do admire you." I quickly added as Jimin frowned.

"At least I was completely yours in one aspect of my life before. Seems like you've pushed me out completely now." He chuckled darkly. "I really messed up, huh?"

A pang of satisfaction shot through my heart as I saw him grimace as if in pain.

He had. He had messed up bad.

But it wasn't really his fault.

So I wasn't going to tell him that and make a fool out of myself.

If I thought he wronged me by making out with that girl, it was all me.

It was my fault for begrudging him for doing something that he had full right to do. It was his life and he could live it the way he wanted to.

"No, you didn't." I shook my head. "And no, I didn't push you out from my life." I paused to look him square in the eye.

"Because Jimin, you never were actually a part of my life, you know?" I whispered softly. "Artists, singers...talented people like you, can only barely touch the lives of us common people. You can never become a part of it."

Hearing my words, Jimin's expressions changed. Features darkening, he let out a low, scoffing chuckle, his eyes burning with a fierce intensity. "You, Ryu Y/N, are really cruel, do you know that?" He smirked humourlessly and I felt my heart clench at the sadness in his voice.